• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Wild Parties

Honest

Hi!
Years
  • Well, maybe this is a little to specific or something, not sure. But in my school, several students always plan out a party filled with booze and the like, and students come up in massive numbers to get drunk and party, while at the same time probably make out with some random schoolmate or rarely worse (better?). Keep in mind, this is high schoolers, so the booze shouldn't even be there

So how many of you have gone to parties such as the one above? Granted I know some of you now are able to drink literally, so feel free to answer in terms of both before legal age and after. Also, what are your opinions on such wild parties? Be honest, and have fun answering!

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
    Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2018
    I remember my freshman year of college (I was 18) I got a handout from some girl advertising this night club in Windsor, Canada. I live really close to the border and legal Canadian drinking age (at least for Ontario, I have no idea about the whole country) is only 19 so a lot of people in the 19-21 age range go there to party. I'm in college now though so big parties are kind of a nightly thing to a lot of my classmates ahaha...

In high school though, I was a huge bore. I was homeschooled so my idea of a crazy night was staying up until 5 AM playing Harvest Moon on my GameCube.

pikakitten

You met with a terrible fate
    Years
  • I think people get too crazy with that and waste their time not studying or doing homework, no I'm not a bore or a buzzkill, I'm all for a good party once it's legal and doesn't leave you homeless because you couldn't get a good job :P xD

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
    Years
  • I remember I used to go to small parties, nothing big to drink. I felt so awesome. Now that I look back at it, I feel stupid for doing those kind of stuffs lol.

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
    Years
  • ...for me a "wild" party always had a lot more going on than alcohol and a load of drunk schoolkids in some big house, lol.

Anyway - yeah I've been to my fair share although now they just seem like nothing when every club ever, which I'm at the age of legally getting into, is full of more people who might not be so embarrassing to get with, better sound systems, more alcohol, more whatever, and only cost a little to get into. However back when I did go to these and think they were THE REAL MCCOY they were pretty awesome. Always just seemed harmless fun as long as you didn't try to get with anyone embarrassing and they were really great ways of meeting new people and strengthening friendships and honestly, they're a much better use of your time than some other stuff you could be doing. People who kid themselves into thinking that you're meant to be doing homework or studying or whatever probably need a reality check; no-one works all the time so you might as well as use some of the time you wasted earlier in the day watching TV or going on the internet or whatever working and then go out and have some fun.

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jun 13, 2023
    Been to a fair share of wild in the last 2 years, nothing like that though. Basically we go out drinking for our birthdays, mutually getting drunk every 2 months or so(its nice to have 8 people in a group of friends, basically guarantees every month has a moment).
    Last thing we did that truly got out of hand was a doozy. We all got trashed, drinking an unlimited flow of cheap wine to the point of amnesia. The bathrooms were a war zone, , and no one made it home without leaving a trail behind them. One guy threw up in the car, another on the table(....twice) and I went home to my parents almost passing out. All the other guys did equally bad things as me at home, and the one in the car is also ironically the only one who got away with it, and also the drunkest one. He managed to convince his mom that the sick on his shirt is from a friend, and that he's just dizzy from the sight of it. Outside of that, the party was wild, 3-4 of us started dancing shirtless, we were all laughing our butts off, and for the first time I was flirting with girls nonchalantly treating them wine and all. Even got myself a couple of feels.

Years
  • Be honest? In high school these were never my thing. I thought people who went to these parties were jerks because I mostly overheard about them from people who were jerks to me in school. They also seemed like the kind of things that people who didn't have bright futures ahead of them went to.

Now though, they're still not my thing, but I just feel a little sorry for people who go to them. I mean, you don't really have meaningful connections with people like you would if you spoke to someone without being impaired. I've heard of several instances of people doing things they regret while at parties (like doing things with their ex-boyfriends that they really didn't want to do, and so on). But like I said, I feel sorry and not annoyed like I did in high school. Alcohol is a coping mechanism and people who drink and party are just doing it to get through life.

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
    Years
  • My highschool was pretty far so i didnt get to hang out with schoolmates that much sadly. In uni i commuted the first year but overall i went to maybe 3 house parties? I didn't like them.. the houses were so dirty so i felt unconfortable to touch anything in fear of falling ill. Im exaggerating but i felt seriously uncomfortable. Theywerent that crazy or anything, or overtly sexual so it was fine for me. Peopke who want to smoke were courteous enough to do it in another room or outside.

Years
  • When I was in high school, I was the loner with few friends - and definitely not friends that were the kind to throw wild parties. Not that I'd have gone if they did, not only were my parents reluctant to let me go to places where they didn't know the other kids' parents', but the thought of myself breaking the law just to drink was unthinkable to me. It just wasn't happening, so no parties for me. Plus I hate large gatherings, I get cranky after some time if too many people are around for long.

Even now, if I were invited to one...I'd probably still end up passing. Just not my idea of fun, though if it's fun for someone else, then more power to them. I just won't be tagging along, most likely. :P

Caelus

Gone
    Years
    • Seen May 26, 2013
    I've been to 4 parties like that in the past year. There's not much to do here so a lot of my friends idea of a good time is getting drunk.

Sweets Witch

I just love ham jerky.
    Years
  • My friend and I went to a few hosted by people from the school he went to since he was decently popular and I wasn't as outgoing as I am now. I met a lot of okay people and things didn't really get WILD but a lot of stupid things happened. I almost fell off of a cliff after one, and that same night gave me a fear of forests because I thought a coyote was after me but it was some dude throwing rocks.

Kikaito plush

Angeline plushxKikaito plush
    Years
  • I have only been to one, I was only invited to keep my boyfriend company. it got so bad that the neighbors had to call the hosts parents to sort it out.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
  • I went to one when I was 16, but I didn't drink or do anything crazy like most of the rest of the kids.

It was hilarious watching everybody else get drunk though! That's what I recommend. Go to crazy underage drinking parties and stay sober. The things you see will shock and amuse you :P

Corvus of the Black Night

Wild Duck Pokémon
    Years
  • I've never gone to one of those parties. The experience that most resembles anything like that is once I smoked weed with a couple of friends, but we didn't really do much but listen to crappy music and eat pizza. So not really a party.

I don't usually go out and especially not to people's houses that I don't really know/care for, and those people were the kinds of people throwing those kinds of parties. The thought of going to such a party exhausts me... I would really not like to go.

Back