• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Scammer's Wonderland

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
Years
  • Note: This is a parody of the Christmas song, "Winter Wonderland."

And as a disclaimer, I do not condone or support the practice of committing white collar fraud. This work is for entertainment purposes only.

Scammer's Wonderland

As CFO, gotta make cash
    Don't really care 'bout the backlash
    I've got a dream
    Of a grand Ponzi scheme
    Plottin' in a scammer's wonderland

Gone away are the true books
    In their place are our new books
    These numbers look great
    Hope the IRS takes the bait
    Swindlin' in a scammer's wonderland

In the office we'll create cash inflows
    And make sure we can cover our tracks
    When the Feds come by, we're ready to go
    Cause our crooked auditor has our backs

Later on, we'll conspire
    To commit fraud by wire
    Lo and behold
    The con game never gets old
    Cheatin' in a scammer's wonderland

And then pretend we ain't lying cheats
    We'll have lots of fun making mad dough
    Till the SEC finally brings the heat

In the kitchen, I'm a disaster
    But at cooking books, I'm a master
    Corporate fraud is the way
    Just ask Madoff, Skilling and Lay
    Defrauding in a scammer's wonderland

Last edited:

Pikachukid

Conquest needs a sequel
    Years
  • The rhythm is so smooth and you really did a great job with this poem. The diction used made me think of Ocean's eleven movies Well except for the last stanza. My favorite line is
    "These numbers look great
    Hope the IRS takes the bait"

Everything is well constructed except I don't really like it when people use the same word to keep the rhyme scheme going
    "Gone away are the true books
    In their place are our new books"

But aside from that this is great stuff.

Haruka of Hoenn

Rolling writer
    Years
  • Haha, that was hilarious! Especially the "In a kitchen, I'm a disaster" part. It's just what the real Bernie Madoff would say, probably.
    In all, it's a funny little one-shot, especially when you put the lyrics together with the music.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • The rhythm is so smooth and you really did a great job with this poem. The diction used made me think of Ocean's eleven movies Well except for the last stanza. My favorite line is
    "These numbers look great
    Hope the IRS takes the bait"
    Thanks! I had to do a bit of referencing to the actual song lyrics to make sure everything stayed in rhythm. And it's always fun to scam the IRS :P I just hope their agents don't visit PC...

Everything is well constructed except I don't really like it when people use the same word to keep the rhyme scheme going
    "Gone away are the true books
    In their place are our new books"
    That's actually because of the original song.

"Gone away is the blue bird/Here to stay is a new bird"

So blame the guy who originally wrote it :P
    Haha, that was hilarious! Especially the "In a kitchen, I'm a disaster" part. It's just what the real Bernie Madoff would say, probably.
    In all, it's a funny little one-shot, especially when you put the lyrics together with the music.
    Hey, I'm no good in the kitchen, either. And why do you think I'm taking finance courses, lol?

Thanks for the reviews, everyone! Just a little white-collar Christmas present from me to you :)

Bay

Years
  • I just love this version of Winter Wonderland. Maybe it's me being a business/finance geek, but you did very well with the rhyming and at the same time put some real life finance news references. This is my favorite:

And then pretend we ain't lying cheats
    We'll have lots of fun making mad dough
    Till the SEC finally brings the heat
    Even the SEC didn't do anything with Madoff till the huge recession. :P

Again, nice job on this! Also, Merry Christmas!

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • Thanks for the review! Then again, with the line, "Later on, we'll conspire," the song was literally asking for a parody like this, and I'm surprised nobody beat me to the punch XD

I've taken an interest in the criminal element of corporate finance as of late. Along with Madoff, I've taken an interest in the National Century Financial Enterprises case. Remember that female fugitive I profiled in one of my early blog entries? She was an executive with NCFE and faces 25 years if she's ever caught...

Thanks again for reviewing :) Now, just gotta hope the SEC doesn't stumble on this song...

Back