• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Battle Animations in the Overworld

thepsynergist

Vinemon: Sauce Edition Programmer and Composer
Years
Hello Pokecommunity.

I've a quick question that's been bugging me for a while now (a few years in fact.)

It seems to be impossible for Battle Animations to be shown using the "Show Animation" in the Event Commands window.

I wish to be able to use Battle Animations outside of battle. Is there a section in the script I can edit to enable this? Again, I don't wish to upgrade my version of essentials, as it is heavily modified, and I don't remember all the changes I have made to it over the years.

[ANSWER]
Yes. Just don't define the move as you would for animations used in-battle.

Last edited:

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
Years
You can play any animations that are defined in the Database (F9). You can't play any animations that were created in the Editor's Animation Editor, because they work differently and there's no support for them. Why no support? I'd never thought about it before, and even now that I have, I don't think it's worth adding.

If that doesn't answer your question, then I don't know anything else about the matter.

Nickalooose

--------------------
Years
  • Seen Dec 28, 2023
You can play any animations that are defined in the Database (F9). You can't play any animations that were created in the Editor's Animation Editor, because they work differently and there's no support for them. Why no support? I'd never thought about it before, and even now that I have, I don't think it's worth adding.

If that doesn't answer your question, then I don't know anything else about the matter.

Answer.
Answer.
It does.

Back