• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

My Team For Pokemon Video Game Elite Four

JadeX

Prince
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 27, 2014
It's a tournament held in Singapore ..

Here's the rule for the tournament

Spoiler:

So here goes , JadeX's Pokemon Team .

Since we're allowed to use Uber , why not use them ?

Salamence (F)
373.png

Jolly
Lum Berry
EV 252 Atk , 252 Speed , 4 SP.Def

-Dragon Dance
-Outrage
-Fire Blast
-Earthquake

Wobbufet (F)

202.png

Calm
Leftover

EV 32 HP , 228 Def , 252 SP.Def

-Encore
-Mirror Coat
-Counter
-Safeguard

Scizor (F)
212.png

Adamant
Choice Band
EV 244 HP , 252 Atk , 12 Speed

-U-Turn
-Pursuit
-Bullet Punch
-Super Power

Rayquaza
384.png

-Adamant
Life Orb
EV 252 Speed , 252 Atk , 4 HP
-Dragon Dance
-Outrage
-Extreme Speed
-Over Heat

Hmm... I think it's a pretty bad arrangement as most people would start off with Status inflicting moves ( Esp. Sleep ) or Protect .

I never really tried using Wobbuffet before but it was there to prevent the enemy from escaping . Encore them , if they protect then good for them .
And then kill them off .

Salamence just starts off with a Dragon Dance and proceeds on with a Sweep . Lum Berry to prevent sleep lock or in case , if it DD through and Outrage ,it can cure its confusion . So Salamence is sort of the offensive guy .

Rayquaza is just a Salamence back up . So when Salamence is down , Extreme Speed and Scizor's Bullet Punch/Pursuit to Revenge .

If not , Rayquaza will start off it's DD Dance and then Outrage .

Was thinking of taking Scizor out as U-Turn doesn't have much use since it's not my lead pokemon and being trapped in band was bad ...
And maybe replace Wobbuffet off ?

My initial combo was Zapdos + Garchomp . Garchomp being Scarf while Zapdos being Specs .
Discharge and Earthquake combo .

Should I switch back Zapdos , Garchomp , Rayquaza , Salamence ?

aragornbird

(。◕‿‿◕。)
Years
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

So it's basically exactly like VGC 2010, except you can only use 1 uber instead of two.

Anyways, your current team sucks. It's like you're not even thinking about double battles because it looks more like a single battle team with single battle movesets. And as you (should) know, those strategies won't work in double battles.

Your original team was better, except for the fact that they're ALL WEAK TO ICE.
A Hail team would wreck that team, especially if it used the Mewtwo+Abomasnow combo where Mewtwo spams Blizzard and OHKOs all of your team members. You need some Ice resists to combat Hail teams. For instance, a Metagross can work great on that team as well as a Kyogre who can change the weather if needed.

Also Choice items = bad idea. Don't use Choice items in double battles. It limits your versatility and forces you to switch often and switching too much can put you in a bad position.

Basically, get rid of this whole team and start over.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

JadeX

Prince
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 27, 2014
Haha , I never really tried double battles before so I don't really know which pokemon are better off . I tried youtubing some Double Battle and most of them uses Shedinja .

Any tips for pokemon to use ?

And thanks for all your advices since the past , they're really helpful .

Back