• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] "Project Gray"

Years
  • Hello! Welcome to my story. Before I get started, I will explain how I will be writing this story. ITS RATED PG-13

It is not going to take place in the universe of the Pokemon anime. The story takes place five years after the events of Pokemon Gold and Silver and will contain familiar characters from Red/Blue/Gold/Silver plus a few new ones. I am going to be following the events of the games (not the anime or manga) though I will mix the personalities of the characters with their personalities from the (Pokemon Adventures) manga. (Characters = Blue Oak, Red, (OC) Scarlett)

Summary of Pokémon: Project Gray
    Pokemon are slowly becoming banned within all of the regions and are forced to be confiscated from their trainers by the law, other known as "Project Gray." Gym Leaders and Elite 4 members are forced to work for the government, and if they refuse, they lose everything. Familiar and new characters join forces to fight for their freedom as well as their lives within this new world full of uncontrollable chaos, poverty, and even disasters caused by the imbalance of nature.. How will they escape and why has this new law been given to a world that relies on Pokemon to survive?

This story is just for fun, and I hope for some critiques from different people. That is why I am posting on multiple forums (I hope you enjoy) Plus, I just want to join the Pokemon community =]

This is not a completed story, though I'll try to update it weekly.

Pokémon: Project Gray

Chapter 1: Confusion​

Sparks and smoke danced throughout the air of the Viridian Gym. Two of the gym leader's creatures collided in the middle of the building as a large spotlight shined on the both of them, their roars bouncing off the walls of the metal building causing the building to shake in their glory. Flames that could melt the strongest material erupted through the glistening teeth of one of the large beasts and was about to collide with a large blast of electricity that could probably power-up a skyscraper in an instant.

As the elements met, the room lit up with a large explosion, causing the windows to shatter and almost blowing the door completely off the building. Along with the boom of the explosion, more roars came from the two beasts who caused it: a large violet colored bipedal monster, with two long poisonous fangs escaping its mouth and a green dinosaur-like creature which stood on two spiked legs, its mouth filled with ominous fangs as well.

As the smoke floated away, a sigh which sounded rather annoyed, echoed throughout the room as Gym Leader Blue emerged from some of the debris. "Maybe Gramps will be nice enough to pay for the damages again." He said as he scratched his ear with his pinkie finger. Blue never took the gym leading seriously anymore. He got bored often so he would either train his own Pokemon in the gym, which usually caused a few damages within the place, or he wouldn't even show up at all. It had been a while since he had gotten a good challenge and he felt as if he was there for nothing, as the only reason why he took over the Viridian Gym was because he wanted intense training so he could defeat the one who took the Champion title away from him..Red.

The thought of the name made him scoff and shake his head as he approached his Pokemon. He was slightly disappointed that he was not getting the training he wanted. All who challenged him were way out of his league. Most of them either had an ego which drove them to challenge Blue, but they would turn out to be very inexperienced battler. Once in awhile, he would get a very good battle with the trainers who have been training at the gym for months, but eventually, he was able to predict all of their moves and his Pokemon did not profit from it. Blue finally came to conclusion that he was starting to miss traveling and training outside of the gym.

"Ugh man." He mumbled as he leaned against one of his Pokemon, which was his Tyranitar. His other poison-typed beast stood close by awaiting more orders from its trainer. "Let's go home. No one's comin'. I'll call up Gramps in the morning about your accident." He said with a smirk as he returned both of his creatures back to their pokeballs. He could have sworn that they both gave him glares about his last comment.

He shrugged and proceeded to walk to the corner of the gym where he keeps his bag of food, magazines, and his pokegear/cell. He always attempted to stuff his bag with pointless things to help his boredom. He made sure that all of his Pokeballs that contained his faithful team were around his belt and easy to kneeled down and threw every item back within the bag, not caring if it was neat or not. He pulled the string to tighten it back up, and put it over his shoulder as he got back to his feet. With a sigh, he closed his eyes and headed for the exit, daydreaming about what he was going to eat that night.

He opened his eyes whenever he heard footsteps approaching him. "Hm?" Four men walked into gym wearing uniforms, all with the same badge pinned to their shirts. One of them looked really familiar but the gym leader's memory was slightly rusty. Blue looked at them with a confused expression and noticed that they were all armed with weapons. They were also being followed by a Machoke, but it appeared to have a strange metal band around his neck and its leg had been branded with the same symbol which was pinned on the men's uniforms. He could not tell if these men were the police or the military so he decided that he would hear them out. "Sup?" The gym leader mumbled to the men.

"Gym Leader Blue, We have come to ask for your cooperation and loyalty for the sake of this country. You must leave your gym and service the world for the greater good." The man standing in front of the group said sternly. "Eh..Sorry. I'm not really interested." The younger man said as he made his way through the uniformed officials. Before the gym leader could get too far, the Machoke swiftly grabbed his arm, causing Blue to feel threatened and more aggravated."Hey! What are you doing?" He narrowed his eyes as he looked at the men hatefully, knowing that these people were not who he thought they were. "Who are you? Why should I work for you people?!"

"I'm afraid you really dont have much choice Mr. Blue." Another man within the group approached Blue slowly and handed him a piece of paper which contained many cursive signatures on the bottom.. The annoyed young man snatched the paper from his hand and began to read it. His angry expression quickly turned into shock as he continued to read every word carefully, but there was one section that stood out the most.

"...all Gyms and the Elite Four Championships will be shut down..."

As he read that line, he squeezed the paper, not even finishing the sentence and looked back up at the uniformed men. "What?" He mumbled, almost growling. "You can't take away my gym! How the hell do you think you can just shut down everything that people live for?!" He winced when the Machoke tightened its grip on his arm. "Pokemon are dangerous creatures and not everyone is responsible enough to have such a beasts at their command, like Team Rocket for an example."

Blue looked back at the wrinkled paper and continue to read in disbelief. "What does Team Rocket have to do with my gym? They are long gone!" "Mr. Blue, surrender to us, or you will lose your own Pokemon and you will go to prison. It is the law. Gym Leaders must work for us."

"The..law?" The gym leader's brown hair covered his eyes as he dropped the paper and it floated down to the ground slowly. Right has the paper hit the ground, Blue quickly grabbed a pokeball from his belt and threw it at the Machoke's face. "Psybeam now!" An Alakazam materialized from the red light that emerged from the ball, then seconds later, a beam which gave off many colors was fired at the Machoke's body. The fighting type Pokemon released Blue's arm as it cried out from the attack. The trainer took this opportunity to sprint away from the stunned Pokemon and the uniformed men.

He grabbed yet another pokeball from his belt and through it above him. The pokeball made its signature loud pop noise as a large bird emerged from the light and screeched loudly as it stretched its wings, casting a shadow as it flew in front of the sun. The familiar uniformed man who was apparently the leader of the group threw a pokeball of his own. "Use thunderbolt, Raichu!" The electric pokemon began to charge up for the attack, electricity sparking from its yellow bird elegantly flew down to the ground and flew parallel to the fleeing gym leader. "Alakazam! Confusion!" Blue screamed as he continued to run. The Alakazam's eyes began to glow as well as the spoons it was holding and sent a pulse of energy at the men their Pokemon. The Raichu shot a bolt of electricity from its body and towards the Alakazam, but the attack was only hurled back. It hit the Raichu and the Machoke, though the fighting type Pokemon felt more of the impact of the electric attack.

The Alakazam created another pulse, using Confusion once again. The men and their Pokemon's bodies began to glow the same color as the Psychic pokemon's narrowed eyes and they all hurled over in pain, holding their heads tightly. The Raichu charged up for another electric attack, but to their dismay, it electrocuted the Machoke, giving Blue even more time. Blue jumped unto the flying creature's back and grabbed its long colorful head feathers, now controlling the direction of the bird. Blue and his Pokemon swiftly turned around and headed back to the scene of the action.

"Pidgeot, use Razor Wind!" The bird shrieked in response as it began flapping its large wings powerfully towards the distracted men. Sharp blade-like pieces of energy formed in the wind as well as loose dirt swirled up and quickly made their way to Blue's enemies. The Alakazam was returned to its pokeball and was put back on the gym leader's belt as the Razor Wind attack made contact with the men. The force of the wind knocked the people off their feet, some being blown back, hitting the door of the gym. The Machoke was able to use its body to shield the humans from the blade-like energy. When the dust had cleared, Gym Leader Blue had fled into the clouds, feeling accomplished that he did not give into the ridiculousness of having his freedom taken away from him.

The men helped each other up and looked into the sky, their expressions really have not changed much as one of the men approached the leader. "Lieutenant Surge, What do we do, now?" The taller uniformed man returned his Raichu to its pokeball, not taking his eyes off of the sky. "Report that Blue Oak of Pallet Town, Gym Leader of Viridian City, has escaped and caused an act of treason. He must be found and punished." He began to walk away from the gym, leaving the other three men behind. "As for the gym, destroy it."

Years
  • Alrighty! Chapter 2
    Pokémon: Project Gray

Chapter 2: Sunny Day​

Giggles and cries of joy filled the air as a giddy young woman spun her younger nephew around above her in a playful manner, holding him up under his arms. Her golden hair was being held up with a lace ribbon which was a beautiful shade of red and it streamed down her head, blending with her amber locks, though the wind caused it to dance all around them. Her hair was slightly uneven and messy, but she rarely thought about her appearance. Her skin was a little tanned due to her being outside all the time and a huge smile stretched across her face as she continued to play with her young family member.

A small Jolteon barked happily as she frolicked around the feet of the humans, her yellow fur glowing in the sun. "You ready for tomorrow, Jaden?" The girl asked the small boy as she put him on her shoulders. Jaden stretched his arms out as if he were flying. "Yeah! It is going to be awesome, Scarlett! I can't wait!" The girl had forgotten how heavy he was, but she should have known that a boy of ten would not feel like a bag full of feathers. "It is going to be a big day for you! Which one are you going to chose?" She asked as she strained to keep balance.

"I don't know." Jaden said in a more saddened tone. "They all seem so cool." Scarlett sunk to her knees to let her nephew get off of her shoulders. She sighed in relief and she playfully scratched his chocolate brown hair which appeared to have been cut recently. He was such an adorable kid. His large jade eyes would make the toughest people want to hug him like a teddiursa doll. "Well, whichever one you choose, it will be perfect and I will help you train it." She said with a smile. "Well, I better go so I'll get to work on time.. I'll see you tomorrow! Happy 10th birthday, Jaden!" He hugged her tightly and thanked her, then ran across the fresh lawn back to his house. She remembered when she first turned ten and began her journey. She was just as excited as he was. She was around the age eighteen now, but the memories were still freshly painted in her mind.

She inhaled as she reached for a Ultraball around her magnetic belt and gently pulled it off. She pressed the small button in the center of the ball, causing it to grow to its full size, and threw the ball in front of her. It opened with a loud snap noise as a bright white light snaked its way out of its prison. A massive beast covered in flowing brown fur materialized from the light and let out a majestic roar which echoed through the trees. A three-pointed yellow crest was upon its forehead and white cape-like fur made wave motions in the breeze, remembling smoke. Its blade-like claws were hidden in its large paws which was bonded by black medal bands. He was Scarlett's pride and joy which she spent years tracking down. Scarlett climbed unto her Pokemon's back, adjusted herself until she was comfortable, and gently grabbed the volcano Pokemon's thick mane. Her Jolteon jumped up as well, and made its way to Scarlett's lap.

They quickly darted off through the woods, dodging every tree, rock, and bush effortlessly. After a few minutes, they made it to the main area of the city in which they lived, Ecruteak City. It was a small city that was really spaced out, but so many memories had been made there in the few years that Scarlett had lived there. She was originally from Unova Region in Nimbasa Town, but moved to Johto because it was just too expensive to live there, but she wasn't complaining at all. She was perfectly happy in this new region, and she believed that she was more satisfied here anyway. They ran right through her beloved city,heading west, and with her Pokemon's brilliant speed, they had already made it to the border which separated Johto and Kanto. She had ran this route so many times that her Pokemon had memorized it perfectly. Finally, they made it to Fushia City, located in the Kanto Region.

They ran until they reached a fancy building which was painted with extremely bright colors. No one could not miss this place even if the sun never shined again. Scarlett and her Pokemon walked toward the door, a quiet bell sound could be heard as they entered and the automatic doors slowly closed behind them. The place smelled of soap and perfume, and the sound of buzzing, splashing, and cries from Pokemon could be heard. Scarlett hopped off the back of the brown beast, and faced the large Pokemon with a smile. "Thank you again, Entei." She said as she petted its face. Entei lowered its head and nuzzled its trainer in response, then straightened up in a powerful stance. As soon as the jolteon jumped from its back, Scarlett returned her magnificant Pokemon back into the Ultraball.

The young trainer clocked in at a register and took the ribbons out of her hair, then put her hair up a lot higher on top of her head and secured her golden locks with the ribbons once more. The bell was heard again whenever an old couple walked in, followed by a Persian. "Hello. How may I help you, today?" Scarlett asked politely. "Just a bath and a little trim. The weather is getting pretty hot, and his fur is getting a little thick." The woman said as the Persian jumped onto the desk. "Okie dokie Ma'am. I will do my best." "Thank you, dear."

"Come on buddy." Scarlett said as she walked into another room. The cat Pokemon followed slowly, not really liking the idea of a bath but he was obedient anyway. Scarlett placed him in a raised tub, turned on some warm water, and began to wet his fur. She massaged the soap unto the Persian's body and said soothing words to it so the cat Pokemon would remain calm. Jolteon sat on a table nearby and watched. Scarlett then turned her attention to the TV which was in the top center of the room. She tilted her head ever so slightly whenever she heard the message as she continued to lather the soap in the cat's fur.

"Rescue teams were able to recover the last missing individual who was trapped within the Celadon Game Corner's demolished building. They will proceed to clear out the debris in hope to find more clues as to what even caused the collapse." The news reporter said in a monotone voice.

Curiosity caused her to continue watching. She really wished that she had watched the news more often. What could have happened in Celadon City? Scarlett used to love the game corner because she would visit there once she got off work, plus she always prepared and groomed the prize pokemon that were given away. It was hard to believe that one of her favorite places to go was destroyed.

"Another accident has occurred in Viridian City, which left the gym completely destroyed as well. Rubble and ash is the only thing that is left of the once proud gym." The news reporter said as a photo of the gym came on the screen. "The cause of the destruction is mystery, but authorities are gathering as much information as they can. Also, due to the disaster that took place in the Celadon Game Corner, the people of Kanto must be on guard at all times for these attacks are unpredictable."

"The Celadon Game Corner, and now the Viridian Gym?" The young trainer mumbled to herself. She wondered if it was Team Rocket's actions that caused these disasters, but no one have even seen any activity from the famous crooks in years. Everyone just figured that they disbanded. It was mind-blowing to her that all of this happened in the span of only two weeks. She was disappointed for more than one reason because of the loss of Viridian Gym. Scarlett would have gone to the Elite Four because she did defeat all of the Johto gyms, but she promised to help her mother's sister and son to live since they are not successful financially. It was her mother's dying wish.

She really wished that she could challenge all of the Kanto gym leaders, and her busy job did not hinder her from training her Pokemon everyday, but if these disasters keep occurring, she might not even get that chance. She pulled the water faucet over the Persian and began to wash the soup off the Pokemon. She had noticed that all the cities that contained a gym were operating differently.. A few gyms had also closed down and no one really knew what the cause was. Scarlett asked why the gym leaders just left but there was always a different excuse from the people over time.

"He just quit."

"He got ill, and had to leave."

"He went on a trip, but he will be back."

Even the gym leader within Ecruteak City was gone. Many trainers had been held up and most of them grew angry since they could not continue their journey. Scarlett sighed as she began to brush the Persians wet fur, the cat pokemon sat there patiently, actually enjoying the feeling of the bristles on its back. Scarlett listened to the purrs of the cat as she drifted into deep thought, wondering if how long it will be until Gym Leader Morty would return. Was he really on a trip or is something seriously wrong?

X~ The strong and cool wind comforted Blue as it covered his face, his hair dancing in the breeze. With Pidgeot's head feathers still tightly gripped in one of his hands, they began to drop in height. Both the gym leader and the bird Pokemon scanned the land, sky, and trees for any suspicious characters. He patted its feathers with his free hand while they looked, thanking it for helping him out back in Viridian. When they knew it was safe, the bird lowered itself even closer to the ground. Its powerful wings caused the loose dirt to spiral elegantly around its feet as it hovered above the ground. Blue jumped off of his loyal bird and continued to eye the new area, wondering where they had flown to. He knew that they had passed Cerulean City, but this place was new to him, considering that he only visited the routes that was on his town map when he went on his first journey.

The sun was slowly disappearing into the horizion and the loss of light was making it harder to see. Blue returned his Pidgeot and reached for another Pokeball from his belt, holding it a few inches from his chest. The ball snapped open and the familiar white light made its way to the ground, materializing a black fox Pokemon. It was quite a beautiful creature that had large ruby eyes and its dark fur had the luster of the midnight sky. Glowing gold rings were on its forehead, and above its legs, emitting light a few feet from where it stood.

"Thanks bud." Blue said with a smile as he approached the glowing fox. He kneeled in front of it and scratched its head as a small reward for lighting up the area. "Kay Umbreon, let's go find some firewood. Lead the way." The Umbreon barked in response and began to walk in the west direction. There were trees all around them that they could cut down, but he knew that those men probably have not forgotten about what happened earlier this morning and were most likely following him. Making too much noise might be a very bad idea. He thought it would be fun to camp outside again like the good old days anyway.

"...all Gyms and the Elite Four Championships will be shut down ..."

He thought back at what he had read, trying to process it. He almost laughed when he remembered what one of the men said to him:

'"Mr. Blue, surrender to us, or you will lose your own Pokemon and you will go to prison. It is the law.'

"Yeah, barge in my own gym and arrest me? The authority has obviously forgotten who I am." He said as he kicked a rock which almost hit his umbreon. The dark fox growled at him but continued to walk, picking up a few small sticks with its mouth. Blue picked up a few dead limbs and twigs that were scattered on the ground as he continued to ponder about everything that had just happened. He wished that he would have read the entire piece of paper so most of his unanswered questions would not be a mystery to him.

Once they got a decent amount of wood, Blue looked around for a comfortable spot to set camp. He then found himself yawning. He was surprised that he was so tired when it was so early in the night. "Oh well." He said as threw all of the sticks and limbs all in a pile in front of him, not even caring anymore. "Good enough." He mumbled while he began to dig through his bag, searching for a lighter. The umbreon tilted its head but obeyed its trainer, dropping the sticks it collected in the pile of wood. After the gym leader found the lighter, he started the fire, then laid down a few feet away from it, enjoying the warmth of the flame. The ground was not really comfortable, but he had slept on a bare floor before. He gave his umbreon gentle scratches on its back when the dark fox curled up into his chest and closed his eyes, attempting to get some sleep.

Right as he was about to fall asleep, his Pokegear rang loudly in his pocket, slightly startling the sleepy gym leader. "Ughh. What now?" He mumbled as he pulled the piece of equipment out of his pocket. It said he had one new message on the screen so he naturally opened and read it, but it did not display a number or a name.

"She's lovely" Read the text message. Blue slightly chuckled at the message and figured it was just the wrong number so he simply put the Pokegear back in his pocket. Once he got comfortable again, it rang again. He growled as he dung it out of his pocket and read the message again, planning to text back saying that they had the wrong number.

"Picking Daisies. Sorry for your loss." Read the new message. This one spooked Blue so he decided to track where the message was coming from out of curiosity. He punched in a few numbers on the device and waited patiently until it was able to find the messenger. His heart skipped a beat when it revealed the location.

It came from Pallet Town at his old address. He gasped as he quickly got off the ground, grabbed his bag and summoned his Pidgeot once again, climbing unto its back. Umbreon jumped on as well and growled lowly, matching its trainer's expression perfectly.

Something was seriously wrong back at home.

"Daisy.." He whispered in distress as they instantly disappeared into the pitch black sky.

Years
  • Pokémon: Project Gray

Chapter 3: Fake Tears

One day had passed since Scarlett had seen the news report about Viridian Gym's downfall. The sun was beginning to disappear into the horizon, making the sky a soft orange and purple color which mixed with the soft clouds as they slowly drifted through the warm air. She had been working most of the day at the Pokemon salon and it was getting around the time to close the shop for the night, so she began cleaning the floors and the windows since she had no customers at that time. Her blonde hair, which used to be neatly on top of her head, was falling out of her lace ribbon and hanging in her face, causing her to attempt to blow it away from her eyes. Soft growl-like snores escaped from her jolteon's mouth whom was fast asleep on top of the front desk, its legs hanging off the edge and fidgeting as the fox dreamed.

Scarlett sighed out of exhaustion as she swept the fur and dirt off the tile floor, imagining how amazing a hot bath sounded at that time. Another one of her coworkers was in the back cleaning the restrooms and making sure every surface was disinfected for the next day. Her jolteon's ears twitched when the soft bell chimed as the door opened, spaced-out footsteps echoed throughout the shop as someone new came in the warmth of the room. The ring of the bell snapped the young girl from her trance and a old voice followed a few seconds after. "Hello. Do you have time for one more?"

The amber-haired girl looked up to the source of the voice and gave the guest a welcoming smile even though it was seven minutes to closing time, but the girl's tender heart could not send her away without feeling guilty. "Of course! I can help you out." The customer was an old woman who was almost five feet tall but her face really shocked Scarlett, causing her to pity her even more and making her curious as to what could have happened to cause these horrible markings. Her left cheek had a large burn mark which stretched down to her neck, though it looked as if it was finally turning into a scar. Her right cheek had multiple scars and scratches as well, but the feature that stood out the most was her frown. Followed by this woman was by a younger boy who was probably in his early teens and seemed to be her grandson. His face read that he did not want to be there at all, but he probably did not have a choice.

The woman took a pokeball from her purse and released her pokemon on top of the front desk which startled the sleeping jolteon, causing the electric fox to automatically bare its fangs at it. The jolteon calmed once it saw that the newly released creature was not a threat and curled back up in a small spiky ball, closing its eyes and opening its mouth widely, yawning softly.

The woman's pokemon revealed itself to be a nidoran and it appeared to be covered in a thick coat of mud which was slowly dripping onto the clean wood of the desk. Trying to keep a straight face, the exhausted girl lead the filthy poison-pinned pokemon into another room so she could bathe the pitiful creature. Scarlett had seen worse and she was lucky that it was not a pokemon with long hair or she would have to stay even longer, but her tiredness made her attitude not the most pleasant in the world. .

After fifteen minutes of scrubbing, the nidoran had no trace of dirt left on its blue-colored body, and it was delighted to be rid of the filth that used to hide its bright skin from the world. The young groomer giggled at the sight of the little poison pokemon's joy plus she was also overjoyed that it was almost time for her to go home to relax for a while before she trains her own pokemon for the night. They walked back into the main room where the nidoran's owner was waiting patiently while reading one of the available magazines that was piled up on one of the tables.

"Okay Ma'am, she's all done!" Scarlett said as she approached the front desk, followed by the woman's pokemon. The woman marveled at how beautiful her nidoran looked, thanked Scarlett for her deeds, and returned her poison-typed pokemon back into its pokeball, gently putting it back inside her purse. "It will be 10.00 for the bath, please." Scarlett said while stepping to the left towards the cash register. The elder reached into her purse again, getting the required money for the treatment. Finally, she handed the currency to Scarlett slowly, but when their hands barely touched, the woman's eyes went completely white as if her life was instantly sucked out of her, though she continued to stand. Scarlett's heart dropped as she quickly grabbed the woman's hand with both of hers as a protective reflex, her breathing beginning to speed up in fear. "Ma'am? Are you alright?" She asked hesitantly.

The room was silent for a few seconds until a blood-curling scream erupted from the old woman, her eyes still a dull white and her mouth as wide as it could go. The scream startled the younger girl, causing her to yelp in response then scrambling to get her Pokegear with one hand to call an ambulance as the other was still tightly grasping the woman's cold hand. The grandson ran behind the lady and whispered soft words to her as if he was trying to calm her down, though his own eyes were full of worry. Before she can find the device, the elder squeezed Scarlett's hand in a rough manner, clawing it to a point until a small amount of blood was drawn as she continued to groan and scream.

"You did this!" The woman cried, facing the shocked girl. "You did this to me!" Scarlett tried to free her hand from the stranger and confusion filled her mind as she began to struggle. "W-What?! What are you talking about? Please, let go!" Her jolteon that had been awake since the scream, was growling loudly at the woman, its fur standing up as sparks of lightning escaped from each strand of hair. "I'm warning you, lady!" Scarlett yelled.

"It killed everyone! There was so much..Fire! You have that horrible beast! You killed all of them!" The woman screamed as she grasped a handful of Scarlett's golden hair, yanking her around in a mad rage, causing them to knock over a large vase which held a beautiful plant that used to stand proudly besides the front desk. The shaken groomer whimpered in pain as she was dragged around by her hair, though the desk kept her from moving around too much, but another cry of distress filled the room whenever the jolteon sunk its teeth into the deranged woman's skin, trying to save its beloved trainer.

Whenever the girl's hair was free, she took the opportunity to grab the bat that was hidden underneath the desk for self-defense because she did not want to resort to hurting the woman with her pokemon. Jolteon let go of the woman's arm but appeared to be charging up for an electric attack, for there was sparks and loud rumbles that sounded like thunder surrounding the fox's small body. The woman fell to the floor in surprise and her screams turned into helpless cries for help as her eyes began to shift back to normal. Growls and barks came from the angered pokemon as it showed its sharp teeth extremely close to the woman's face. "No! Don't Jolteon!"

The sound of sirens could be heard outside of the shop which sounded like angel's singing a special song just for Scarlett who was still slightly startled by this experience. Her co-worker had already called the police whenever the first scream went throughout the area and had made sure that the security system was functioning properly, and the building was secure just in case the woman had an escape plan. Two policemen came into the shop, both looking rather intimidating, and eyed everyone in the room, causing an awkward silence to engulf the room.

"Officers! Please help me! This woman attacked me!"

Scarlett's eyes widened when the woman who attacked her uttered this out pitifully to the police and a wave of anger instantly consumed her, but she attempting to remain mature about the whole situation."I'm afraid she's lying. She attacked me" She said calmly as she showed her clawed wrist to the officers. "I even have witnesses and a camera to prove that I did nothing wrong." The old woman who was still on the ground, then went into a fit of loud sobs which aggravated Scarlett more than she already was, hoping that the cops would not actually buy her story.

"She has a killer officers.." The woman mumbled in between sobs, her eyes turning back into the eerie white. "It killed many on my island. It will kill more." She said in a hysterical tone. "My grandma has a history of not being fully stable, officers. There was a small accident, but she did not mean any harm. I am sorry for the misunderstanding." The grandson said while kneeling down beside his grandmother who had a sinister smile on her face as she stared at Scarlett. One of the police officers escorted the woman and the grandson out the building for interrogation, much to Scarlett's advantage but she was still shaken by the woman's actions towards her. She nervously ran her hand up and down her arm, trying to regain her composure and her breath.

The co-worker was escorted as well by the same cop, leaving Scarlett alone with the far more frightening featured man, much to her dismay., though he was a very decent man."You're lucky to have such a great co-worker to have the guts to call. Are you alright ma'am?" The large man asked. "Yes,Sir." She uttered out very softly, still feeling really uneasy. "I do have records of Mrs. Elvira attacking others in the past, but the boy was right and she is mentally has been for years. I am sorry that you had to experience this tonight. Are you badly hurt?"

"No, sir. Just freaked out a bit, but I can handle these scratches on my arm." The man nodded and apologized once again for the actions of the woman, then finally left the shop, leaving Scarlett to absorb everything that just happened to her. The elder's voice echoed in her mind repeatedly, forever haunting the golden-haired girl.

She has a killer in her possession?

What did the woman mean? It couldn't be. If the woman was talking about her pokemon, they were all well-trained pokemon that she had for years... but maybe.. just maybe one had a history that she did not quite know about.

She had to have answers and she knew exactly where to go to try to retrieve them. She finally closed the shop for the night after cleaning up the mess that the woman caused, and made sure that it was fit for business in the morning. As she stepped out into the night air, she breathed in, enjoying the fresh air that came to greet her, her jolteon standing loyally at her feet. Then, they both began to sprint away from the shop.

As they ran, the trainer faced her lightning fox and clapped a two times, signaling for it to jump in her arms as soon as possible. The jolteon obeyed and jumped towards its trainer, then Scarlett's arms snaked around her pokemon tightly, holding it close to her as they continued to run through Fuchsia City, getting closer to the thick woods which looked as if it was just a dark void eager to swallow them up. The trainer reached down with a free hand, and grabbed a greatball from her belt, and threw it above her as she continued to sprint through the night, holding her jolteon whose ears were bouncing in sync with every step that she took. The greatball spun before the loud pop noise was finally heard, and a large white light exploded out, lighting up the area around them.

Before the light disappeared, Scarlett had already jumped on the back of the newly released creature, and as if it was already planned, they lifted into the air and flew straight up into the sky at a very fast speed, heading up towards the rain filled clouds that was hiding the stars and the moon from the world. Finally able to relax, the trainer and the eeveelution nuzzled their faces into the winged creature's black feathers for comfort, enjoying the tickle they gave as they danced fearlessly in the howling wind that circled them. Hisses and low growls were heard from the feathered beast as it flew higher, flying through the thick sea of clouds. Lightning bolts were flashing all around them as they passed through them, a low rumble of thunder giving everyone chills as they passed, jolteon feeling the most pleasure from the lightning.

Finally, they were flying above the clouds, as if they were swimming in a large ocean that had no end, the coolness of the air giving the trainer hope. Scarlett gently gripped unto the beast and slowly leaned her body in the direction she wanted her dragon to go. "We're going to Saffron City, guys. I need a word with Sabrina." Her feathered dragon roared in response, rumbling the clouds that were in their presence and eagerly picked up the pace, effortlessly cutting through the air as its large six wings flapped in sync with each other. Thoughts filled and swirled within Scarlett's mind, brainstorming as to what she would ask as they headed in the direction of the "Shining Big" Saffron City.

Years
  • Pokémon: Project Gray

Chapter 4- Helping Hand

((Author's note/ Just so everyone is on the same page, this story takes place 5 years after the events of Pokemon Gold and Silver!))

A loud clap of thunder shook the ground while a cruel blast of cold air blew the leaves off the trees as they flailed helplessly back and forth. It was around the hour of dawn whenever Blue had arrived in Pallet Town, but his face was contorted with worry as he thought of his older sister's safety, praying that she would be alright. He gripped his pidgeot's soft feathers tighter than he realized while they zoomed past other small homes within the town that he always thought was peaceful. The gym leader's pidgeot finally reached the familiar house causing Blue to become even more uneasy, but he tried not to let his nerves get the best of him as he bravely jumped off the large bird, landing on his feet perfectly as the Pokemon hovered a few feet over the small home.

He ran unto the porch then grabbed the handle of the door, twisting it slightly, but unfortunately it was locked. "Damn it.." He muttered under his breath while he knocked roughly on the wooden door, becoming more agitated the more he knocked. "Daisy, let me in!" The gym leader yelled as he continued to pound on the door. "Sis! C'mon!" His voice gradually becoming louder. He groaned and gave up on the door, figuring that he would try the window instead. He left the porch, ran past his Pidgeot who was sitting patiently on the cobblestone walkway that lead to the house, and reached the little window that had small stained glass figures of Pokemon that barely shined since the sun was hidden behind the clouds. Umbreon, who was still sitting upon the pidgeot finally jumped off, making a soft growl noise whenever its paws met the stone path, and followed its trainer, then stood proudly at the gym leaders feet.

Blue looked in, observing for any sign of movement within his old house, but the spotless house that he always remembered was quite the opposite. Chairs was knocked over, a flowerpot appeared to be smashed, and a small fire could be seen in the kitchen. Blue darted back towards the door, knowing that he probably could not fit through the window, plus he knew his older sister would be furious if he even put a scratch on the glass pokemon figures that she created. On the second try, he was able to cause the thick door to fall in by tackling it with his side thanks to the training he received at the Fighting Dojo. Blue was not only a talented trainer and gym leader, but he was also a skilled martial artist who received intense training himself and technically he was the Champion of Kanto...even though it was only for a few minutes.

"Daisy?" He asked as he entered the house while looking at the damage that has been done. He was able to put out the fire that was caused by the gas oven that was probably left on for a long period of time, and it appeared to have spread unto a kitchen cloth that was nearby, ruining sections of the furniture. Damages to the house became the least of his worries when he heard whimpering coming from upstairs. The cries filled the young man's ears as he ran up the stairs at full speed. "Daisy, Hang on!" The noises lead him to a bedroom that was heavily decorated with white and yellow colors, but not even the brightness of the room could calm Blue. His eyes scanned the room, searching for the source of the voice, but he saw nothing. "Daisy?"

The whimpers finally proceeded, leading Blue to the closet. He opened the door and flipped the light switch on, excited to see that his sister escaped from whatever attacked.

But, this was not his sister. Disappointment swept over the gym leader as he sunk down, becoming eye level with the frightened creature, though his hand slowly formed into a fist. It was his sister's Chansey who was balled up within the closet, and it looked as if it had seen a ghost, though its face brightened considerably when it saw Blue. "Are you okay?" He asked the nervous pink pokemon. It nodded yes, but its face slowly became sad once more. "Is," he paused "Daisy gone? Did someone take her?" He gritted his teeth and lowered his head once the Chansey nodded yes again, anger consuming his body causing him to kick himself inside for not being here sooner. His Umbreon nuzzled its trainer, trying to comfort him, but Blue got back to his feet sooner than was expected. He ran out of the room, down the stairs and back into the streets of Pallet Town, and sped away towards Professor Oak's Laboratory while Chansey and Umbreon trailed slowly behind him.

He let himself in, shouting "Gramps" as soon as he entered. The two small pokemon entered as well, observing the scene. His eyes softened when he saw that his grandfather was not here and there was destruction within the vicinity, causing his anger to heighten. One of the Professor's aides, who had a similar expression to the chansey, appeared from the corner of the lab and approached the younger man. "A strange group with a Machoke, right?" Blue asked before the older man could speak. Surprised, the aide nodded, "Yes, how did you know?" "Call the police and tell 'em what happened, but I doubt they will be a lot of help." He replied, ignoring the helper's question and storming towards the exit. "They are messin' with the wrong guy."

The angered gym leader slammed the door to the lab closed, his Umbreon still closely following, leaving the aide and the chansey dumbfounded in the cold building. He walked past his house again, returning his large bird pokemon back into its ball and headed south towards the large body of water. Quiet splashes were heard once he stepped into it, though the area turned silent again once the water settled. With one hand stuffed in his pocket, he stood in the shallow water, soaking the bottom of his pants and shoes, and pulled another pokeball off his belt. He threw it above the sparkling coast and the snap of the ball echoed, breaking the cold silence of the morning. The materializing beast plummeted into deeper section of the water, causing a large splash that spread all around the area, even soaking Blue's hair and face, though he did not even flinch.

A large blue serpentine creature with a gaping mouth filled with razor sharp teeth emerged out of the water, its roar overpowering the howling wind and the thunder. The Gyarados allowed its trainer to climb upon its neck area, then sped through the icy water while Blue guided it. He knew that he would need help and finally did not let his pride take over his sight. He did not know where to even look for his family, and he wanted to know who those strange men were. Maybe another gym leader who was far more wise than he was knew what to do, and perhaps someone else has met the same ruthless group who is wanting to take everything away from him.

~x Scarlett, who was perched on the back of her black feathered beast, hovered above Saffron City, attempting to find the gym that was hidden by hundreds of other buildings, though they both were being drenched by the rain. The trainer wiped the water from her eyes, trying to remain strong in the cold rainy weather. Her dark dragon lowered in altitude so they could get a better view of the buildings, but the rain continued to intensify while they searched. Scarlett had been to Saffron a few times in the past because riding the Magnet Train used to be a necessity. Around five years ago, her pokemon did not have enough strength to travel from Johto to Kanto in one day, but after years of training, they could make it to Kanto in a matter of minutes so they had no need to go to through this large city anymore, though it made her forget most of the directions.

Finally, they came across a very uniquely designed building, which they figured was the gym. Scarlett's dragon let her off its back gently once they landed smoothly on the ground, then hissed quietly as its six wings stretched out far into the air, enjoying the feeling of the cold rain on its feathers. The golden-haired girl ran into the patio of the building, happy to finally get out the rain. The cold was one of her most hated things. She twisted most of the water out of her hair but her Jolteon shook its body very close to where she was standing, spraying water everywhere, soaking Scarlett once again. "Heeey!" The Jolteon snickered in response as it nuzzled its damp face against its trainer's leg.

'She thinks she is clever, huh?' Scarlett thought as she squeezed the remaining water out of her clothes unto the Jolteon's head, smiling widely. The yellow fox shook the water out of its fur once again and looked up at its owner with its large violet eyes, though a smile formed on its furry face. Scarlett got on her knees, giggling softly as the Jolteon jumped into her arms and rubbed against her face. She embraced her loyal pokemon, giving the fox a few scratches behind its ears before standing up again. Then, she walked to the edge of the patio, extending her arm into the downpour, and her cold fingers were soon greeted with a scaly noise which felt surprisingly warm. She ran her hand over the creature's smooth muzzle, thanking it for the ride there, and returned it back into its Greatball so the dragon would be out of the rain.

"Okay, let's do this." She said as she reached for the handle of the door. She let herself in and was instantly comforted by the warmth of the building. There was many arches and doorways along the lengthy corridor which was lit up with odd colored torches attached to the walls, giving the area a greenish glow. She looked down when a teal light snaked across the floor, then eventually disappeared until the next light followed the same path.

Intrigued by the style of the gym, Scarlett toured the building, almost forgetting the reason why she even came. Her amusement was interrupted once she stepped on a platform that gave her body an electrifying sensation while a quick flash of light blinded her, causing her to close her eyes in response. Once she opened her rose-colored eyes, she was shocked to find that she was in a completely different room except this room had no windows or doors. As she stepped away from the platform, she canceled out the possibility that this was a trap, because she knew all gyms tested people and pokemon in its own unique way, whether it be a test of strength or a test of the mind. Either way, anyone who masters the assessment by reaching the gym leader increases their mental and physical durability.

Another light flashed as her jolteon appeared upon the same platform, tilting its head while looking around the room. There was two more platforms on the opposite side of the room in each corner. Scarlett walked towards one of them, hoping the one she chose would bring her closer to the end of the maze. Before she could take a step, yet another light startled her causing her to automatically walk backwards while shielding her eyes with her hands. "Really?!" She said, becoming annoyed that she was being blinded so many times in such a short time. She opened her eyes, to see a young woman standing in front of her. She had long grayish-blue hair that a flipped out hairstyle, though a few shorter strands hugged her face, and her piercing eyes caused Scarlett to get chills just from being in her presence. Scarlett recognized her though, because she had groomed her pokemon in the past. "Follow me." She commanded softly as she stepped on the platform once more, disappearing again.

Scarlett obeyed the girl, stepping on the same platform, followed by her loyal fox of electricity. The darkness of the rooms caused her to remember the words of the old woman. The image of her burned face was branded into her mind. Every time she blinked, she would see her eyes staring right into her soul. They trailed behind the older girl as they went from room to room; platform to platform until they finally reached the largest room. The floor would light up around their feet every time they took a step, plus the cracks of the tile continued to glow with the same teal light that was in every room before, slithering all across the darkened room. Once they were all in the middle of the room, the older woman finally faced Scarlett, her expression had not changed at all. "I knew you would come today," She started, "but you really do not have much time. Ask your questions quickly."

"Well, I just feel like there is something wrong, I-I mean, first the Celadon Game Corner gets attacked, then the Viridian Gym is completely destroyed, and on top of that, the gym leader from my town has even disappeared; Morty of Ecruteak City. A woman came into the salon and threatened me, telling me that I had a...killer. Sabrina, can you tell me if any of my Pokemon are linked to these attacks?" Scarlett asked, her words filled with hesitation.

Sabrina looked at her in silence for a moment, making the blonde trainer nervous. "None of the members in your party caused any of the attacks that happened in the past weeks," Scarlett sighed in relief, "but one did cause a horrible accident five years ago." The younger girl frowned. She tried to believe it, but she just couldn't. Her pokemon seemed so gentle, so trustworthy, so loyal.. "What happened? What about the other accidents? Is there more coming? Is there anything we can do to prevent what will happen?"

The psychic sighed as she was being buried with questions, but replied quietly, remaining patient. "Scarlett, I have a gift to sense certain things, but I am no god. I do not have the answers for everything." The golden-haired girl lowered her head in disappointment, but at least she had a clue to learn more about the disaster that happened five years ago. She had to have answers because she felt partly responsible. Water continued to drip from the girl's clothes and hair, leaving a small puddle underneath her feet since she was still drenched because of the downfall. "Well, can you at least tell me where the woman who attacked me lives?" Sabrina walked to a large chair that was in the very back of the gym room, where she probably waited for opponents to challenge her. She picked up a purple bag that was laying on the throne, placing the strap on her shoulder, then power-walked towards the single teleporting platform in the opposite corner. "We got to go." Confused, Scarlett slowly followed and wondered why they just could not speak in here. "We got to go NOW. Hurry!" The telepath stated loudly before she stepped onto the special tile. Scarlett scooped her jolteon in her arms and sprinted towards the platform, finally stepping on it and disappearing from the large teal room.

Back in the entry of the psychic gym, the two young women were face to face with a uniformed man who was very large in height and had a huge grin stretched across his face, showing off his white teeth. Once both of Scarlett's feet was off of the platform, sparks of electricity filled the glass tile, causing its light to intensify and eventually it was completely destroyed, not being able to handle such a high voltage. The teal lights that used to lead to the platform slowly faded away as well. "You guys are very lucky." The man said as he took off his sunglasses. Scarlett's eyes narrowed as she put the pieces together. "You tried trapping us in there?" She yelled, knowing that there would be no way out without the platforms. "Sabrina; you have been ignoring everyone's calls and pleas. I'm sure you do not want to lose your pokemon and your gym. You need to come with me." The man said completely ignoring Scarlett's presence. "I will not. Your intentions may seem good for some people, Surge, but I feel as if they will result in something horrible." Sabrina stated, still sounding really calm.

Three more men entered the building, all with uniforms as well, then stood in a line behind the man called Surge, their eyes being shielded by their hats. "The country calls for all gym leaders to help this region for the sake of the citizens. I am a lieutenant of this region so you better respect me. I am the law. You're coming with me." Surge said, still smiling while taking out a pokeball. Scarlett was completely confused by his words, but she figured that Sabrina had done a crime, so perhaps it would be best if she just left. The gray-haired girl pulled a pokeball out of her purple bag, her lips forming a smile as the white light flew out the ball, materializing a two legged figure with a white face and a teal colored head crest, its red eyes shining with bravery. Red horn like protrusions stuck out of its back and chest, blades extending from its elbows, and its torso was thin and colored in a balance of green and white. The newly released pokemon punched through the air a few times before slightly kneeling down, resting its knee on the ground, waiting for its trainers orders.

Scarlett did not know who she should fight along side, or if she should even interfere at all. She would leave, but the exit was being blocked by the other three men and they did not look too friendly. Lt. Surge released his Raichu from its pokeball and crossed his arms proudly as another one of the other uniformed person released a creature of his own. A Crobat.

This creature had a purple body with four wings that had greenish-blue undersides sprouting from its back. "Last chance, Sabrina. Come with us and then there will be no problems." Sabrina closed her eyes as she smiled once more, looking back up at the blonde lieutenant, "I'm afraid that we are going to have problems then. Gallade, Stone Edge." She said softly. Her Pokemon's eyes glowed as it slammed its hands on the ground, filling the ground with its power, the others feeling rumbling from underneath their feet. Sharp rocks then shot up from the ground, leaving small holes in the tiles below, and flew directly at the uniformed men's Raichu and Crobat, then instantly making contact. "Get up! Focus Punch" Surge yelled at his electric mouse. Once Raichu recovered, its paw lit up as it ran towards the Gallade, growling lowly as it charged up its punch. "Dodge it, then use Psycho Cut on the Crobat." the psychic woman calmly stated.

Using its brilliant acrobatics, the psychic fighter easily dodged the Raichu's punch, then once in the air, its eyes began to glow a pinkish color as it waved its arms in the air rapidly in a manner that is reminiscent of "Tai-chi." Blades of energy formed around the Gallade, then fired at the purple bat pokemon. "Quick Attack, then Wing Attack!" The owner of the Crobat finally shouted, the voice revealing that this uniformed person was a female. Using Quick Attack, the bat was able to dodge the psychic attack, and as it darted by, its wings gained a white aura, lighting up the room ever so slightly. Its powered up wings hit the Gallade; two wings hitting its stomach and the other two hitting its head, causing Sabrina's Pokemon to cry out and hit the floor. "Use Thunder Wave, Raichu!" Three rings of electricity floated over to the stunned Gallade, lighting up its body once they made contact. Sparks covered the psychic type's body as it tried to stand up, but it appeared to move slower than it was before.

"Use Psycho Cut again!" Sabrina yelled at her pokemon while stepping an inch closer to it. "Signal Beam!" Lt. Surge shouted to his companion; confidence filled his voice. Due to the effects of the Thunder Wave, the Gallade's movements were much too slow to summon up the attack before the Raichu's beam of light completely knocked it off its feet. Attempting to recover, Sabrina's pokemon struggled to get to its feet. Whimpers could be heard from its trembling mouth. The psychic girl knew that the Gallade was not going to stand a chance against Surge's pokemon or even the Crobat, so she lifted its pokeball, preparing to return it. "Never back down from a fight!" The lieutenant yelled as he gave his pokemon a signal. The Raichu sprinted to Sabrina on all four of its legs and once it reached her, it knocked the pokeball out of her hand, using another Focus Punch. The psychic gym leader cried out and grasped her hand with the other, holding it close to her chest while she backed up in pain.

"Poison Fang!" Yelled the uniformed female. Her pokemon's fangs instantly filled with venom, then stuck its glowing purple fangs in the Gallade's shoulder. "Get it off of you! Use Close Combat!" Sabrina barely croaked out. The dual-typed pokemon nodded as it ran against the wall, slamming the Crobat into the stone multiple times before it finally let go. Then its fists pounded into the purple bat pokemon's face and stomach, then sent it flying with a high-jump kick, but they haven't won yet. The Gallade was exhausted and weak. It fell to its knees while its breathing was labored and hoarse. The Raichu and the recovered Crobat slowly approached the fallen Gallade with maniacal grins on their faces. "Thunder Wave." Lt. Surge commanded in the background. The owner of the Crobat snapped at her leader, telling him that the Gallade was already paralyzed, but the expression on his face did not change. The electric-type pokemon jumped over the Gallade completely, and sent out three more pulses of electricity directly at the wounded gym leader. Sabrina sunk to her knees, feeling the attack take its toll on her while it sucked out the remaining energy away from her. Sparks covered her body every time she tried to move. Lt. Surge slowly approached her with his hands behind his back, chuckling to himself since he knew that he had won. He lifted her up off the ground by her wounded wrist until she was eye level with him and softly said, "This region can do without people who refuse to help it." Sabrina's eyes filled with fear as she looked at him, not being able to predict what he would do next. Whenever she tried the move, the Crobat would hit her in the stomach with its wing, knocking the wind out of her. "That's enough. I think she's all out of fight." He said putting his sunglasses back on.

Scarlett hesitated as she watched. Even if she was a criminal, no one deserves that sort of treatment. She gritted her teeth as she clenched her eyes closed, pointing at one of the fighter's creatures. "Wild Charge, Jolteon!" Her electric fox lifted its paw, taking off at a very high speed, its entire body being engulfed in a brilliant gold as lightning sparked out the aura that surrounded the small creature. Scarlett heard the crackling lightning, the cry of the pokemon that was hit, the yell of the man, and the sound of something hitting the wall, then the floor. When she opened her eyes, she saw the Crobat on the ground, twitching as electricity ran through its body. Lt. Surge had let go of Sabrina, but she was immobile on the floor too. The other two uniformed people who was blocking the door pulled their own pokeballs out in response, both planning to attack Sabrina and Scarlett along with the others.

"Bad idea, kid. Thunderbolt, Raichu!" Surge commanded his pokemon while he slowly recovered from the earlier attack. The electric mouse's yellow cheeks sparked as it charged up, then sent a bolt of lightning at Scarlett. "Block it Jolteon!" Scarlett's spiky fox pokemon jumped in front of her and completely absorbed the Raichu's attack, filling it with even more energy and power. "Double Kick!" The fox spun in the air, flipping behind Surge's pokemon, then lifted itself up with its front paws, kicking the other electric creature right in the middle of its back with both of its hind-legs. Raichu was pushed forwards, then landed on its stomach as it tried to regain its breath. Scarlett took this opportunity to run over to the fallen Sabrina. "Are you alright?" She asked, placing a hand on her back. "I can't move.." mumbled the psychic. Scarlett's nerves were off the wall. She did not want to be there at all, but she felt like she had to help the gym leader somehow. The blonde lowered down and wrapped Sabrina's arm around her shoulder, then then attempted to stand, though the psychic was heavier than she looked.

Scarlett pulled the Greatball off her belt with her free hand, summoning her large feathered beast from its captivity. The dragon lowered its body to the floor, allowing the trainers easy access to its back. The other two uniformed men finally released their pokemon: a Golem and a Cloyster. "Don't let these criminals escape!" commanded Lt. Surge who now had an angry expression. The Cloyster fired an Icebeam towards the dragon, almost freezing its six wings solid, while the Golem fired a shower of rocks upon the already struggling girls. The injured Gallade was able to destroy some of the larger rocks to hinder them from doing fatal damages to Sabrina and Scarlett, but it was far too slow to protect them from every rock. A few of the smaller stones, flew across their skin, making multiple cuts on their bodies. "Use Hyper Voice!" screamed Scarlett as she covered her ears, burying her face into her dragon's black feathers. The dark dragon opened its mouth widely, exposing its razor sharp teeth that was aligned perfectly within its mouth, and let out an intense screeching roar that caused the entire building to shake. The girl's enemies screamed as they covered their ears, some hurling over or curling up in a ball.

Sabrina used her psychic skills to completely block out the sound and telepathically shared this with her Gallade, Scarlett, and Jolteon, though she returned her Gallade to its pokeball soon after. Once the roar had subsided, Scarlett ordered her pokemon to fly away as quickly as it could, but the Cloyster had fired another Ice beam at the dragon, causing it to fall to the ground again.

The blonde looked behind her, seeing all the enemy pokemon charging up for their next attacks. Raichu was surrounded by huge sparks of electricity, the Crobat's fangs were glowing a light purple, rocks that were created by the Golem hovered all around them, and a light blue orb of ice formed in front of the Cloyster, illuminating its face. The bright colors of the elemental attacks reflected in Scarlett's terrified eyes until she closed them, bracing herself for what was to come. Sensing how much danger they were in, Sabrina's eyes began to glow an ominous blue color as she grasped the dragon's feathers tightly. She held onto Scarlett's hand with her injured one then mumbled something that was inaudible to everyone in the room. In a matter of seconds, the dragon-typed pokemon, jolteon, and the injured girls completely disappeared from the gym.

When the blonde trainer opened her eyes, she was overjoyed to see the brightness of the sky, but her thoughts were interrupted once she felt herself plummeting down. Sabrina used her gift to teleport them away from the attackers, but instead they were hundreds of feet in the air and what was worse, Scarlett's pokemon's wings were frozen. Scarlett screamed loudly as she clung to her dragon's neck tightly as they fell from the sky. Her jolteon hid underneath its trainer's body, trying not to be blown away. Sabrina was still holding on to the golden-haired girl's hand, but she soon lost her grip whenever she passed out due to using so much energy to teleport. Scarlett managed to catch her, but the force of the wind in her face and the fear of falling to their deaths made it harder for her to hold her up. "Fly! Please! Fly!" she screamed as she pulled Sabrina closer to her. The dragon's six feathered wings attempted to flap, but the ice hindered them from moving at all. It roared loudly,trying over and over again, trying to save them from their doom while they twisted through the air.

In mid-flip, the feathered dragon fired a pale purple cyclone of fire from its mouth at its wings, thawing out the ice that imprisoned them. With one single flap, the dragon leveled itself and stopped them from falling, saving them from a horrible death. They were past Saffron City but they were still really close by. Scarlett's pokemon slowed down once it knew they were safe and flew calmly through the sky, the sunlight warming its body.

Scarlett slowly opened her eyes and hugged her jolteon tightly after placing Sabrina in a comfortable spot on her dark creature. Thankful to be alive, she inhaled the air while a small smile formed on her face. Her smile disappeared when she heard the psychic girl stir. "What was all that about? You almost got me killed!" Scarlett growled, looking back at the psychic gym leader. "Nothing at all." "You're lying." the blonde said as she narrowed her eyes. "Believe what you want to believe, but I just refuse to be apart of whatever they are trying to form." the psychic said calmly. "But, you are going to have to help me." she added. "I don't think so!" Scarlett said with a harsh bite to her words. "You're gonna have to. I am hurt. You can't let me die. They know who you are now since you helped me. We need to stay together for safety's sake. I also know where the woman who attacked you lives. Without me, you'll spend years trying to find her." The gym leader stated while whimpering in pain. Scarlett knew she would feel extremely guilty if she just left her somewhere. Who knows what would happen to her. She sighed, knowing she had no choice. "Fine.. Just tell me where to find the old lady and we will get you to a hospital"

"We can't. They will be waiting for us there." the psychic said with her eyes closed. "Do you know the location of Lavender Town?" she added. "I have heard of it, but I've never been there." Scarlett said as she ran her fingers through her large creature's black feathers, but she was slowly getting a headache. What has she gotten herself into? "Just keep flying east. It is just to the right. It should be just a ten minute flight, but maybe twenty with this speed." The dragon hissed at the psychic's words but continued to fly at the same speed. Scarlett giggled as she patted down her dragon's feathers, amused that such a ferocious beast was even bothered with Sabrina's words. The three-headed dragon purred as its fuchsia flower-like collar twisted in the air, its black tuft on the tip of its long tail slowly swaying in the wind. Hydra's black feathers continued their dance within the gust. "Your Hydreigon is very beautiful. Its looks well taken care of." Sabrina said as she patted the dragon gently, trying to lighten the mood. "Thank you. I've had him for a really long time. He was my second pokemon. I nicknamed him "Hydra" because when I was a kid, I could not pronounce "hydreigon" properly." Scarlett responded with a laugh, trying to get comfortable. "It looks different from the others that I have seen when I battled them in tournaments. This Hydreigon appears bigger than the others too." Sabrina said as she scanned the feathered beast. She was right. The figure of the dark dragons that everyone knows and has seen is the ones with the common round-shaped body and small feet. Scarlett's pokemon has a much more slender body compared with the common hydreigon, and its legs were longer allowing it to actually run, rather than just flying all the time. Hydra's six wings were not as thin and small as the other "common" dark dragons.

"Hydra is just another species of hydreigon. He has longer legs and wings since this kind of species hunts in both the sky, water, and the land, rather than just the sky. They use their wings for swimming too, making their wings more powerful and long so they can chase their prey faster, ya know? It is just how evolution goes throughout the years." She said, "There is actually a lot more just like him, and I was lucky come across him!" the groomer said, letting her ego get in the way.

"I am surprised how tamed he is. They are normally very violent and destructive pokemon." Sabrina added. "He used to be. Since he was blind all his life until he evolved, he got really spooked one day and he caused..." Scarlett trailed off as she thought back whenever her pokemon went into a rage after it saw light for the very first time whenever it evolved into the feathered beast that she knows today. It damaged buildings and scared a large amount of people before Scarlett was able to catch it again and calm it. Maybe Hydra was the pokemon that hurt the old woman.. But was it possible that it claimed a few lives as well?

Back