• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Need 6th Pokémon to complete team for Red(SS)

Years
    • Seen Sep 4, 2012
    My Pokémon are:

Skarmory(Lv.49)
    Steel Wing
    Roost
    Spikes
    Fly

Dragonite(Lv.56)
    Dragon Dance
    Dragon Pulse
    Waterfall
    Fly(any better suggestions?)

Tyranitar(Lv.56)
    Stone Edge
    Crunch
    Earthquake
    Rock Polish

Lapras(Lv.50)
    Thunderbolt
    Ice Beam
    Surf
    Psychic

Typhlosion(Lv.51)
    Earthquake
    Strength
    Shadow Claw
    Flamethrower

At the moment I have:
    Snorlax(Lv.50)
    Sleep Talk
    Rest
    Crunch
    Rock Climb

However, I think I want to replace Snorlax with another Pokémon- any suggestions?

Last edited:

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Dragonite doesn't have the best Flying attacks, other than Hurricane in generation five, so I think you're better off putting something like Roost or Earthquake in that spot, really. Also since you're using Dragon Dance, you need to instead use Dragon Claw, because that's a physical attack and Dragonite's special stats kinda suck in comparison. :( Also, over Fly you could opt to use Thunder Wave, which could be of use when setting up Dragon Dance.

On Skarmory, you're better off with something like Drill Peck or Brave Bird - it's still somewhat strong and Steel isn't really your beneficial STAB here, while the flying attacks can come in handy more than Fly can - since Fly is only used for HM uses, after all. Typhlosion is a little too mixed but it's hard to really change it around in-game, so for what you have, it's fine. Lapras and Tyranitar are fine.

I'd suggest replacing Snorlax with a strong ground type, and lead with that against Pikachu. While Tyranitar is strong, you really want something that can't really be hurt at all by Pikachu, while setting up Steath Rock (this'll help you against Charizard) and using Skarmory as a lead is basically suicide for it against Pikachu. :( tbh, I'd probably go for Hippowdon because it has a great attack stat, Pikachu can do nothing at all to it and it can set up Stealth Rock for you.

Either way, that's about all I can think of right now, but good luck!

Years
    • Seen Sep 4, 2012
    Thanks for a good reply, i dont really have a paticular lead pokemon, but i know skarmory would be a terrible choice against pikachu. Dragonite learns dragon claw soon i think, and fly needs to be replaced, but ive used the roost tm on Skarmory. I was thinking fire or thunder punch? But i dont know where the tms for these are. Thanks for the advice, I'll probably get a ground type.

Back