• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Stormy Black

Are you anticipating the release of this game?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

~Frozen Darkness~

It's watching you...
Years
Pokemon Aftermath

Made With: RPG Maker XP and Pokemon Essentials
Language: English, but may be translated into Spanish if people demand it.

Intro
Hello, I'm Master Gamer 491, Creator of Pokemon Aftermath. I will do everything I can to make this one of the best games on PC. So, I hope this gets supported, and enjoy the thread!​

Story
Okay. so we all know about good old Platinum right? Team Galactic aims to get Dialga and Palkia, Giratina appears, Dawn/Lucas, save the world, etc.​

So, what is Arceus's reaction to this?​

When Galactic went to Spear Pillar to summon Dialga and Palkia, they made one fatal flaw. When Cyrus was walking towards Dialga/Palkia, he almost tripped on the Azure Flute. However, he did not know what it was. (No one knew what it was), so he thought it was a stone and kicked it to the side. This triggered the Azure Flute, and it made a loud noise that was heard around the world. However, no one knew it was coming from the Azure Flute. Ignoring it, the story of Platinum continues as normal. After being asleep for an unknown amount of years, Arceus woke to the sound of the flute. Arceus was thinking of stopping Galactic itself as it could. But once it saw that Lucas and Dawn were handling the problem well, Arceus decided to let them handle the job.​

(10 Years Later)​

You can't just keep an evil team down, it seems. Galactic is up to no good again, this time with a different target. All of the Dragon Trio is on Galactic's Most Wanted List. This alerts Arceus. Dawn and Lucas don't notice this, so Arceus senses a feeling of a great trainer in someone. Someone from the Kanto region. (No, not Ash.) This person is Blaze/Marina (Whoever you choose). Recognizing a call from Arceus, Blaze/Marina starts their journey to save the world and become the #1 Pokemon Master.​

The rest of the story will be revealed when you play the game.​

Details
Arceus and another secret Pokemon as main Pokemon!

Yes, Arceus and another secret Pokemon, #600, are the main Pokemon.​

600 Pokemon!

107 New Pokemon to catch and train!​

Online Play!

Have fun with friends at the Global Warp Zone! This is where all players can meet at the same place to chat, do minigames, battle, trade, and more!​

Online Story Mode!

This is probably the first game to feature Online Story Mode! With this, you can partner up with a friend and complete the story mode together! I'll go into further detail when it is actually added.​

Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, Sinnoh, and Pento!

Five Regions! Can you conquer them all?​

Mystery Gifts!

The gift system has returned! With this, you can now even send Pokemon or items to your friends, similar to PMD Thank-You Mail!​

Platinum Battle System!

Enjoy all of your favorite Platinum schematics!​

D/P/P Moves!

Enjoy all of the moves from D/P/P!​

New Moves!

Encounter some new moves throughout the game!​

New Abilities!

Enjoy new abilities to use and experiment with!​

D/P/P Abilities!

Study up on your D/P/P, the abilities are coming!​

Your starter learns different moves than wild variants!

Compare the differences of the new movesets!​

And more!​

Team

Master Gamer 491-Creator, Mapper, Partial Graphics Editor, Pokemon Adder
jigglybuff23-Beta Tester
Andinator-Spriting
braminoid-Spriting
shmue-Mapper​

Postions Open

You can apply for a position if you like. Either post here, or PM me.​

Key:
Red: Badly Needed
Orange: Sorta Needed
Blue: Not Really Needed

Music Composers/Remixers
Spriters
Scripter
OW Spriter
More Beta Testers
Any jobs not mentioned

Also, all helpers will receive a Mystery Gift that is very rare, but I will not say what it is!​

Beta 1 Progress (0.5% Done)

Key:
crossout=done
Bolded=currently working on
Regular=not working on yet​

Finish the Forms
Finish Pokemon and Trainer Sprites
Finish OWs
Finish Pallet Town
Finish Route 101
Finish Viridian City​

I'll reveal more when I finish Pallet Town.​

New Sprites for #1-493

Here, I'll post the new sprites for #1-493. Enjoy! :)​

Key: Crossout: Finished
Bold: Working on
Normal: Not working on yet

Bulbasaur (By me)
Ivysaur
Venusaur
Charmander
Charmeleon
Charizard
Squirtle
Wartortle
Blastoise
Caterpie
Metapod
Butterfree
Weedle
Kakuna
Beedrill
Pidgey
Pidgeotto
Pidgeot
Rattata
Raticate
Spearow
Fearow
Ekans
Arbok
Pikachu
Raichu
Sandshrew
Sandslash
Nidoran F
Nidorina
Nidoqueen
Nidoran M
Nidorino
Nidoking
Clefairy
Clefable
Vulpix
Ninetales
Jigglypuff
Wigglytuff
Zubat
Golbat
Oddish
Gloom
Vileplume
Paras
Parasect
Venonat
Venomoth
Diglett
Dugtrio
Meowth
Persian
Psyduck
Golduck
Mankey
Primeape
Growlithe
Arcanine
Poliwag
Poliwhirl
Poliwrath
Abra
Kadabra
Alakazam
Machop
Machoke
Machamp
Bellsprout
Weepinbell
Victreebel
Tentacool
Tentacruel
Geodude
Graveler
Golem
Ponyta
Rapidash
Slowpoke
Slowbro
Magnemite
Magneton
Farfetch'd
Doduo
Dodrio
Seel
Dewgong
Grimer
Muk
Shellder
Cloyster
Gastly
Haunter
Gengar
Onix
Drowzee
Hypno
Krabby
Kingler
Voltorb
Electrode
Exeggcute
Exeggutor
Cubone
Marowak
Hitmonlee
Hitmonchan
Lickitung
Koffing
Weezing
Rhyhorn
Rhydon
Chansey
Tangela
Kangaskhan
Horsea
Seadra
Goldeen
Seaking
Staryu
Starmie
Mr. Mime
Scyther
Jynx
Electabuzz
Magmar
Pinsir
Tauros
Magikarp
Gyarados
Lapras
Ditto
Eevee
Vaporeon
Jolteon
Flareon
Porygon
Omanyte
Omastar
Kabuto
Kabutops
Aerodactyl
Snorlax
Articuno
Zapdos
Moltres
Dratini
Dragonair
Dragonite
Mewtwo
Mew (By me)
Chikorita
Bayleef
Meganium
Cyndaquil
Quilava
Typhlosion
Totodile
Croconaw
Feraligatr
Sentret
Furret
Hoothoot
Noctowl
Ledyba
Ledian
Spinirak
Ariados
Crobat
Chinchou
Lanturn
Pichu (By Andinator)
Cleffa (By Andinator)
Igglybuff (By Andinator)
Togepi
Togetic
Natu
Xatu
Mareep
Flaaffy
Ampharos
Bellossom
Marill
Azumarill
Sudowoodo
Politoed
Hoppip
Skiploom
Jumpluff
Aipom
Sunkern
Sunflora
Yanma
Wooper
Quagsire
Espeon
Umbreon
Murkrow
Slowking
Misdreavus
Wobbuffet
Girafarig
Pineco
Forretress
Dunsparce
Gligar
Steelix
Snubbull
Granbull
Qwilfish
Scizor
Shuckle
Heracross
Sneasel
Teddiursa
Ursaring
Slugma
Magcargo
Swinub
Piloswine
Corsola
Remoraid
Octillery
Delibird
Mantine
Skarmory
Houndour
Houndoom
Kingdra
Phanpy
Donphan
Porygon2
Stantler
Smeargle
Tyrogue
Hitmontop
Smoochum
Elekid
Magby
Miltank
Blissey
Raikou
Entei
Suicune
Larvitar
Pupitar
Tyranitar
Lugia
Ho-oh
Celebi

More will be posted soon!

Screenshots

Coming soon!​

New Pokemon

Here are the images of #494-#600. Enjoy!​

#494 Mossva
f_grassstartem_7d6a276.png

Type: Grass/Bug
Info: It lives in piles of moss and curls up into a ball to blend in with the moss it lives in. It eats the leaf on its head for nutrition.
Evolves into Mosspa at Level 12​

#495 Mosspa
f_grassevom_5d86357.png

Info: It was thought to be immobile because of its cocoon, but it can hop around. Its horn can be used for self-defense.​

Downloads

Coming Soon!​

Last edited:

h POKE

angry kid and a keyboard
Years
  • CT
  • Seen Jan 17, 2016
Not to be too critical, but it sounds a bit ambitious, especially considering the size demands of a world with that many pokemon. It seems to me that this game game needs to be thought through in a few areas. By that I mean the environment (what is the game world like?), the appeal (what makes this game different from any other? Although you do have a little), and the story (why is this happening?).

~Frozen Darkness~

It's watching you...
Years
The world is like what a Pokemon world would be like. Imagine five big continents on Earth. There are many differences, considering that this features Wi-Fi story mode and new chracters, as well as new events and a new region and such. Why this story is happening? That's supposed to be a secret, which is revealed late in the game.

And it's okay, I like to have it criticized to see what I can improve on.

Edit: Oh, and I'm not showing any new Pokemon until I can get a good sprite for them, cuz the sprites I made suck.

theschmizz393

Cleffas will rule!
Years
well i think the town maps need a bit more work, and the routes should all be the same size and thicker. same goes with the cities. good luck though!

h POKE

angry kid and a keyboard
Years
  • CT
  • Seen Jan 17, 2016
I like the fakemon sprites, but the maps and title scren are, well, unprofessional... I think if you work at this long enough, you could actually have something. But right now, it all still seems so much like all the other projects here- a well thought-out dream.

~Frozen Darkness~

It's watching you...
Years
Yeah I'm not a very good spriter. And it was only my first try, so they'll get better over time. I really just map, and add Pokemon to the game. And the title screen, well, I'll edit it over time.

Years
  • Seen Jun 30, 2014
Story

One day in the wonderful world of Pokemon, Arceus watches over the regions of Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, Sinnoh, and Pento I'm sorry, but this has got to be the silliest region name I have ever seen...where is it derived from?
So Arceus doesn't watch over Orre, Fiore, Orange Archipelago, Merto, etc.? That does not follow.... Although it seems peaceful in the world of Pokemon first, a small disturbance at first turns into the world's worst nightmare I doubt it.... The legendaries of each region lose their control Control of what? Their sanity? and start attacking the regions! Arceus tries to stop them, but that disturbance only made the legendaries stronger That is noncanonical.. They defeated Arceus So how could a bunch of insane legends cooperate to fight off Arceus? Wouldn't they fight each other first?! So then, as you sleep, Arceus appears I thought Arceus was defeated... and wakes you to tell you that you are the one of the "Chosen People" A)Cliche-->get a better name B)Huh?-->Why you?. The chosen people's destinies are to save the world from complete destruction How?. So it is up to them to save the world and bring peace to it again.​

Details
Arecus and another secret Pokemon as main Pokemon
600 Pokemon Memory Overload FTW
A ton of characters. Some will trigger certain Pokemon to appear!
Wi-Fi What about people with DSL?
This is probably the first game to feature Wi-Fi Story Mode I wonder why...! With this, you can partner up with a friend and complete the story mode together! I'll go into further detail when it is actually added.
All regions except Orre but including Pento Not ALL regions...don't misrepresent yourself.
Mystery Gifts
And more!​

Info: It was thought to be immobile because of its cocoon, but it can hop around. Its horn can be used for self-defense.
So is this thing's evo going to be something interesting, or will it be just a generic bug?
See the bolded text above...

~Frozen Darkness~

It's watching you...
Years
Q:I'm sorry, but this has got to be the silliest region name I have ever seen...where is it derived from?(Pento)

A: It came from the word Pentagon. It it made up of five islands.

Q:So Arceus doesn't watch over Orre, Fiore, Orange Archipelago, Merto, etc.? That does not follow....

A: Those are mainly spin-off regions. And I have decided to add Orre. And I don't know what Merto or Archipelago is. When I said I was going to add all regions, I meant the regions in the Pokemon games.

Q:Control of what? Their sanity?

A: Their senses. What do you think I meant?

Q:So how could a bunch of insane legends cooperate to fight off Arceus? Wouldn't they fight each other first?

A: Um...there is a Pokemon controlling them, and I will not reveal what it is.

Q:"Chosen People" A)Cliche-->get a better name B)Huh?-->Why you?

A: What should another name be? And for B: There are others too.

Q: I thought Arceus was defeated...

A: Pokemon don't die! They eventually heal!

Q: 600 Pokemon Memory Overload FTW

A: Amythest is going to have about 600, as well as some other games.

Q: Wi-Fi? What about people with DSL?

A: Wi-Fi, online play, DSL, you know I mean online play.

Q: So is this thing's evo going to be something interesting, or will it be just a generic bug?(Mosspa)

A: I don't have the sprite for it yet, so it won't be revealed yet.

So I hope that answers your questions.

And due to the lack of support this is getting, this is being put on hold.

Last edited:

Years
  • Seen Jun 30, 2014

Re: Alrighty then...I s'pose it works.

A: Those are mainly spin-off regions. And I have decided to add Orre. And I don't know what Merto or Archipelago is. When I said I was going to add all regions, I meant the regions in the Pokemon games.

Re: The Orange Islands? Seriously?
Um, it's a nice idealistic thought--ambitious (as said above)--but designedly it will not work (in addition to the spacial problems). How can you keep the story running through five regions? How will the player not lose interest? Why will repetatively finding the same pokemon over and over again be -fun-?

Re: Mind control? Are you seriously basing your entire story on mind-controlling? Since when is that pokemon? Disregard (The?) Scuffle of Legends...

Re: Like I know--it surely ain't my game...yeah, but why a kid against these legends that -Arceus- could not hold off? It makes absolutely no sense...

A: Pokemon don't die!

Re: Lavender Town--yes, they do...but that point is OT.

Re: Open-ended promises are not a reason to claim that overlaoding is a good idea...
Glad to help...refer to the replies.

~Frozen Darkness~

It's watching you...
Years

Re: Alrighty then...I s'pose it works.

Re: The Orange Islands? Seriously?
Um, it's a nice idealistic thought--ambitious (as said above)--but designedly it will not work (in addition to the spacial problems). How can you keep the story running through five regions? How will the player not lose interest? Why will repetatively finding the same pokemon over and over again be -fun-? There will be a mechanic dealing with that.

Re: Mind control? Are you seriously basing your entire story on mind-controlling? Since when is that pokemon? Disregard (The?) Scuffle of Legends... Look at the answer below.

Re: Like I know--it surely ain't my game...yeah, but why a kid against these legends that -Arceus- could not hold off? It makes absolutely no sense... I'm only 11, I can't do everything great like the storyline.

A: Pokemon don't die!

Re: Lavender Town--yes, they do...but that point is OT. Good point. But Arceus is a God-like Pokemon.

Re: Open-ended promises are not a reason to claim that overlaoding is a good idea... I never thought that many Pokemon would overload it. I thought it would overload when you reached about 1000 or so.

h POKE

angry kid and a keyboard
Years
  • CT
  • Seen Jan 17, 2016
You seem to enjoy getting ahead of yourself. From experience, projects that are over-ambitious and lack the man power or understanding of the industry to back it up have a 99.9% chance of not being completed. If you have any desire to finish what you've started, why don't you start off small and work your way up?

Years
  • Seen Jun 30, 2014
Round two...fight!
Story
One day in the wonderful world of Pokemon, Arceus watches over the regions of Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, Sinnoh, Orre Hi, Orre., and Pento Do you NEED the 'O' suffix? I suspect you can make a less-cheesy-sounding game by changing the ending.... Although it seems peaceful in the world of Pokemon first, a small disturbance at first turns into the world's worst nightmare ...deja vu.. A wave of darkness What a vague phrase...what could you mean by it? sweeps over the orginazation of Cipher ...huh, a tie-in. Too bad Col+XD are not my specialities..., who retired 10 years ago after the defeat of XD001. This makes them create more Shadow Pokemon again. However, another wave aimed straight for Arceus was strong enough to knock it out cold Ahhhhhh, good, so Arceus is not as powerful as he is thought to be...! It falls to Earth, near Cipher's lair How...convenient. Are we in Orre or Pento?. They turn it into a Shadow Pokemon Plot twist ftw =D..., and make it the most powerful Shadow Pokemon, XD002 ...uh-huh.! The info, after being cast on ONBS, leads to the project of a new Snag Machine, which you are chosen by the Pokemon HQ Lab to use! And as begin your journey to snag Shadow Pokemon, your first Pokemon, a Gible, appears! The Gible runs toward you and joins your party!
...this seems (on the surface, anyways) to lack one thing: motives. Okay, so Arceus is Shadow'd. Who cares? Just purify it...

I see improvement...not a whole lot'a suggestions I can make since you do not leave much room for that yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back