• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Computer Power issue

Years
  • I would certainly check to make sure that your RAM is seated properly, and if you have more than one RAM chip in the machine, certainly try swapping them around.

Also, there could be a problem in your BiOS settings.. last time I had a BiOS beeping error, I just took out my desktop's CMOS battery for 5-10 seconds and re-inserted it and my BiOS settings got returned to normal, though it also reset the physical clock :\

Tetrakeet

Lilligant's Caretaker
    Years
  • Re-seat/gently press down on the RAM and check that everything is seated properly (especially the video card). Make sure the plastic RAM tabs are snugly pressed and locked into the RAM to hold it in place (if it has them). Be sure all the screws are tightened on your expansion cards as well, because that little wiggle can sometimes dislodge them if the computer is moved. After you check those things, let us know how it went.

Just in case you didn't know: Be sure to unplug the power (the thick black cord that goes into the power supply in the back) and touch the outside (metal part) of the chassis before doing anything, so that you don't fry your hardware. (Or use an anti static wrist band if you have one.)

Back