• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[RMXP] Pokemon TCG EX

Rayd12smitty

Shadow Maker
Years
    • Seen Feb 21, 2016
    POKEMON TCG EX

Introduction

Hello everybody,
    I'm rayd12smitty and i have an idea for an amazing game in RPG Maker XP. I have always been a fan of pokemon and lately have found myself more interested in the trading card game than the actual games. I then discovered an old gameboy game called Pokemon Trading Card Game. I found an emulator and started playing it and loved it. It inspired me to make this game and starter kit.

The Idea

My plan is get get a team together and create a starter kit and a game based on the TCG. I'm assuming everyone reading this is aware of what the Pokemon TCG is, but i will sum it up for you if you don't. Pokemon trading cards have been popular since the franchise started and fans have collected and battled with pokemon cards. There was even a game where you the hero, collected medals (quite like gym badges) from the 8 gyms across the land. There was a professor who gave you a starter deck and taught you the basics and then you went on an adventure to collect the medals and beat the 4 masters to receive the legendary pokemon cards. I plan to make a game similar to this with my own story, but more importantly make a kit so fans of the game can make their own. I looked all over the internet and Pokecommunity for a starter kit like this, but was unable to find one, so i am making my own.

Features

The kit will include:
    *A brand new battle system using pokemon cards
    *A new menu with options to:
    -save
    -arrange your deck and view your cards
    -check your Pokemon TCG player card and badges/medals
    -change game options such as text color and text boxes
    *Pokemon cards from the first and second generations (more to come in later versions)
    *new PC with mail and automatic deck creater
    *custom sprites and possibly tiles

Team Members Needed
    *Scripters (MOST NEEDED)
    -highly talented scripting
    -1 is all i need if they can do what i need
    *Overworld Spriters
    -custom character sprites for player and many characters in the game
    *Other Spriters
    -for character pictures in battle
    *Custom Tileset makers
    -not needed, but would be nice

If you are interested in joining my team PM me or post in this thread

Pokemon TCG EX

As i said, i plan on making my own game as well as the starter kit. My game is called Pokemon TCG EX, and will feature EX pokemon cards in the story.
    THE STORY
    You, the player, live in the vast region of Izishu. People from all over come to Izishu to play the pokemon trading card game, and challenge the legendary collectors who rule the different battle parks scattered throughout the region. You visit Izishu intending on taking part in the Pokemon TCG championship tournament open to everyone. To compete in the tournament you must defeat the leaders of the battle parks and earn their badges. The winner of the tournament receives a special award which will remain secret and lead to more of the story.

Well thats about it. Please post or PM me if you want to join my team and help create this game and starter kit.

Cello

Tonight!
    Years
  • Although I do not use RPGMXP, I would love to see a card game starter kit that could be adapted to not just Pokemon, but other (perhaps fan made) card games as well.
    With that kind of kit available to the public, maybe then we'll start seeing a lot more card battling games. :)

Best of luck!

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    I like the idea of developing a TCG-based game, particularly a starter kit for it, because none exist. I also commend you for your realistic goal, namely the inclusion of only some of the existing cards. Trying to do too much would only backfire.

What would you be bringing to this project? Have you made any technical decisions already (e.g. visual style, size of screen, mouse support, etc.)?

Rayd12smitty

Shadow Maker
    Years
    • Seen Feb 21, 2016
    Hey sorry i've been busy with other things lately and just noticed that people have begun to respond. I haven't done much of anything yet other than look through deviant art at tiles and characters for ideas. Like i said, i know nothing on scripting. I am mainly a mapper and coordinator. If anyone wants to make this a reality, please post what you can do.

dreamcatcher

Lump Appraiser
    Years
  • Omg I loved the TCG Gameboy game! :D That was my first Pokémon game along with Crystal :) This sounds like a great idea, I'm anxious to see progress! :)

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    If you're a mapper, you probably have some artistic sense. In that case, why not cobble together some pictures showing what you imagine the duels would look like? It'd certainly make it easier for others to jump aboard, since then we'd have a proper image of what you're intending rather than a vague "TCG game".

Pictures of the rest of the game aren't important, because the game isn't about walking around. It's about the card game!

Back