• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Appraisal

Years
    • Seen Oct 16, 2013
    Hello there, I am new to this forum, but would like to ask a question. I have in my possession a collection of what I believe are all 150 original Pokemon cards. Complete with both light, and dark versions of the cards, and with all the evolutions of the ones that have them. (Like squirtle, wartortle, and blastoise...etc.) I have also every original sort of energy card, as well as the trainer cards. All of these cards are in mint condition, and have never left the book I received them in. The thing is, they are all in Japanese and have the "Pocket Monsters" emblem on the back. The book they came in is an official "Pocket Monsters Card Game Card File" dated 1995/1996 by Nintendo. I received this collection when Pokemon basically ruled the world from a Japanese foreign exchange student I had at my house when I was young. I am never going to sell this collection, as it is priceless in my opinion, but I was looking at them the other day and was wondering what they would be worth these days. Any input would be much appreciated, and thanks for looking!

Years
  • I'm trying to figure out whether such a binder actually existed or if the Japanese exchange student actually just gave you his entire collection. What's got me thinking this is that you say you've got both light and dark versions of the cards, since the only sets that had "Dark" versions of Pokemon were the Team Rocket equivalent and the Neo Destinies equivalent.

Last edited:
    Back