• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen "We study the seasons, here have a Deerling!"

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
  • 585-autumn.gif
    585-summer.gif
    585-winter.gif
    585.gif

In Black 2 and White 2, one of the scientist in the Season Research Lab on Route 6 will give a special rare Deerling with it's hidden ability Serene Grace.

Did you use this Deerling the scientist gives you on your team, or did you just box it?

I'm currently using it on my party and it's now a Sawsbuck, though I might eventually put into my PC for I already have a set team in the game. Though I thought I test it out and it's turning out to be an alright Pokemon in my opinion. While I love the concept of Deerling and Sawbuck's forms, I never found use for it on my team. It's Serene Grace ability really helps it and makes Sawbuck a much more appealing Pokemon to me. <-- Eh ignore that part. I guess not. I'm probably gonna box mine soon since I have a set team.

Last edited:

Cerberus87

Mega Houndoom, baby!
    Years
  • I didn't use him because I already had a Roselia when I reached the lab, but I soft resetted for a female to be able to breed his ability into other Deerling.

Synerjee

[font=Itim]Atra du evarinya ono varda.[/font]
    Years
  • I received the Deerling, but I boxed it in that special box reserved for Special Ability Pokemon + Legendaries. I already had a full team of strong and dependable Pokemon and I don't train grass-types.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • As soon as I got one, I boxed it. Serene Grace isn't that useful on Deerling/Sawsbuck because they lack physical moves that have secondary chances of occurring.

Years
    • Seen Oct 2, 2020
    I SRed until I got a female in case I wanted to propagate the Ability, then boxed it in the DW ability box (which is now up to two boxes). I don't use a set team, so that wasn't an issue, and in fact have a Sawsbuck that I use a fair amount. I just prefer Sap Sipper as an Ability.

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Online now
    I dropped it in the PC since I couldn't get a use out of it. Actually I didn't even realize it having a special ability xD

Years
  • I decided not to get it because Serene Grace is a terrible ability for Deerling and I already had a Grass-type on my team, which was Roserade.

The Noob Hacker

Praise the sun.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2016
    I chose Snivy as my starter so I had no reason to take the Deerling, pretty sure I already had a five Pokémon party by that time and I caught my sixth (Aron) not too far thereafter.

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
  • I planned out my team prior to starting, so I didn't use the special Deerling. Someday, I'd really like to have a Sawsbuck on my team. I enjoyed training a Deerling just to get it evolve for the dex data.

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
    Years
  • I boxed it, there are more than 6 other Pokemon I like in Unova [we can only carry 6 at a time] I had no space in my team for it, other wise I might consider using it. I may use it, for variation, in my next running of Black2 or White2

Years
  • I started out with Snivy, so I didn't really have any spot in my party for the Deerling, so I just boxed it. I was lucky enough to get a female the first time though, in case I do want to breed it with it's special ability down the line (not that I do much of that anyway).

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    As previously noted, Deerling/Sawsbuck can't make any practical use of Serene Grace. Even if I wanted to use it, I would've gotten one with Chlorophyll.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
  • I never bothered getting Serene Grace Deerling, because has little use for the ability with its current movepool.

Back