• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Making new friends whilst saying goodbye to them..(OU RMT WIFI!!)

gee2k8

Slicker than your average
Years
    • UK
    • Seen Sep 24, 2013
    [FONT=&quot]Hey guys got another wifi battle coming up with my rival/friend so to finish off Gen 4 with a bang before i put this game down for B&W, I am hopefully going to whoop his butt while also trying a few pokes and move sets I've not yet experimented with. Here we go:[/FONT]

Running the above team through on the team builder on marriland i found that they have a pretty sweet synergy.
    [FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT][FONT=&quot]The Lead:
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]

[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Machamp @ Lum Berry[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Ability: No Guard[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]EVs: 104 HP/252 Atk/48 Spd/104 SDef[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]- Bullet Punch[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]- Payback[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]- Ice Punch[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]- Dynamicpunch[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]First off it's Machamp. I've seen this lead in action and have tested it on shoddy, If the opponent doesn't have a check for this guy and I get lucky with confusion then it has become apparent to me that this guy can take down several pokemon on the oppositions team which is luvly jubly. On a personal note i've always wanted to use a decent Machamp move set since Red/Blue so i was very amused to find out about this moveset and how much of an anoyyer it was. The evs are slightly different to the standard, extra Spdef for Azelf/Starmie Users and the extra Spd for rival Machamp and Swampert leads, moveset shouldn't need explaining.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Rotom-H[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Nature: Bold[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Ability: Levitate[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]EVs: 252 HP/ 104 Defense/ 152 Speed[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Discharge[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Shadow Ball[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Will-O-Wisp[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Overheat[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]This it my first ever usage of a Rotom form, i guess i put off the pain of soft resetting to get a decent enough one until now. Mainly need this guy for its Ghost Immunities, Flying check, Gyarados Check and Scizor check. Also very useful to burn hard hitters.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]

[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Swampert@ Leftovers[/FONT]*
    [FONT=&quot]Nature: Relaxed[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]248 HP / 212 Def / 48 SpD [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]roar[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Ice Beam[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Earthquake[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Stealth Rock[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Standard Swampert Set, again i've never used this guy so i went to the effort of trading for one. I am very impressed with its typing and overall bulk though i wasn't all that thrilled using it as a lead hence why it isnt in that postion. He's here to set up SR, roar out stat uppers and scout the opponents team, he also works well as a physical wall.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]

[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Scizor @ Choice Band [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Technician - Adamant (+Atk, -SpA)[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]248 Hp/252 Atk/12 Spe[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]~Bullet Punch[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]~Superpower[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]~Pursuit[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]~U-Turn[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Standard CB Scizor. Used him an awful lot for the same reason everybody else does. This guy checks Ttar for Rotom and has a nice synergy with Flygon/Kingdra whilst also being a threat to the various grass pokes Swampert has issues with. It's standard revenge killing abilities also come in handy ;).[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]

[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Flygon @ Choice Scarf[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Ability: Levitate[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Jolly Nature (-SpA, +Spe)[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Outrage[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Earthquake[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Stone Edge[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]U-turn[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]The revenge killer and scout for the team. Never ever used a Flygon as a revenge killer before as I previously didn't have access to him, now that I have him I am more than impressed with the job he performs. He revenge kills so many of the most threatening OU sweepers this making him imperative to this team's success.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]

[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Kingdra @ Chesto Berry[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Ability: Swift Swim[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Nature : Adamant[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Evs: 144 HP / 160 Atk / 40 SpD / 164 Spe[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Rest[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Outrage[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Waterfall[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Dragon Dance
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Last but not least its Kingdra. So far i have used Dragonite, TTar, Salamence and Gyarados as my dragon dancers but none have been as enjoyable to use as this guy, what a feeling it is to pull off 2+ dragon dances while gaining all the hp back that you just lost. Not to mention he has a brilliant synergy with Scizor.[/FONT]

A few final comments...
    [FONT=&quot]Like the previous posts i have made for my rmts i have gone to the effort of stating that this is strictly a wifi team, so the aggro i would have to go to to obtain a hidden power at 70 damage is just way way too time consuming and just plain boring so please if possible only suggest realistic improvements. Thanks in advance.[/FONT]

Last edited:

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen today
    Lucario and Breloom really crushs your team. Id put in a solid fighting resist here. Id say over Kingdra or Rotom really. Rotom is a great Rest Talker and would help take sleep from said loom.

Swampert really wants his Leftovers.

Ill prolly point out more after ive slept.

EDIT:

Also you know what ? This team would love Spikes actually with the double U-Turns on Scizor/Gon and Rotom to block Spin lol. You'd rack up alot of damage.

gee2k8

Slicker than your average
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Sep 24, 2013
    thanks for the reply, the swampert with lum berry is an error so i will amend that, whoops! :P.

I've noted my weakness to Lucario and Breeloom and have come up with some suggestions. Firstly i removed the following infernape build from the team so its already bread. Would this addition make any type coverage improvements?

Infernape @ Life Orb
    Naive
    252 Atk / 64 SpA / 192 Spe
    -Close Combat
    -Fire Blast
    -U-turn
    -Mach Punch

For a fighting resist what do you suggest?

Also just to touch up on your spikes suggestion, possible use of skarmory is an option as i have a good few electric resistances and fire resists. Though i am really unsure who to change on my team without losing alot of power or type coverage.

Valarauca

I > U for all real values of U
    Years
  • Zapdos could work in place of rotom to cover breloom and lucario, provided lucario isn't running HP rock/ice (but i'm not sure how common that is). While keeping your current type coverage.

Back