• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How do you become a Moderator?

Status
Not open for further replies.

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years
  • Okay, so the title explains it all.
    Some People say they get paid.. real money..
    Do you have to be a certain age...?
    And I know the rule, "If you ask you wont get/become."
    Because if your 12 for example can you really get paid money?

Years
    • Seen Apr 10, 2010
    No, they don't get paid. You can be any age ~ Kylie was 13, I think. But you need to make an impression on the staff~

Mika

もえじゃないも
    Years
    • Seen Feb 11, 2013
    ^ that plus

You don't have to be a particular age or anything you just have to really care about the forum and show it through actions not words. You don't have to be BFFS with the staff. You just post intelligently and prove you're a competent person. :>

There's no money involved even tho they put in long hours sometimes because they're paid in the joy of PC, which is obv. better than real monies. ^^

Years
    • Seen Jan 28, 2012
    A moderator is someone the admins trust to help out around the forums, keep things clean... Break up fights, etc... It has nothing to do with age. A moderator can be any age as long as they are trustworthy, and act mature.

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
    Years
  • ^ that plus

You don't have to be a particular age or anything you just have to really care about the forum and show it through actions not words. You don't have to be BFFS with the staff. You just post intelligently and prove you're a competent person. :>

There's no money involved even tho they put in long hours sometimes because they're paid in the joy of PC, which is obv. better than real monies. ^^

Thanks I was confused, and I really do agree with you on the point that hapiness of the PC is better than Real money...
    I am grateful that we have moderators to help pout the community too!
    Without them the PC will be a battlefield!

Years
  • You suck up to the highers staff and make your only PC friend a mod who you have pointless conversations with, daily, of course.

But seriously, you just need dedication and the-know of the forum, and if the h-staff like the sound of you... who knows?

There is no age limit. I'm twelve, and was eleven when I got modded which was like three weeks ago. :D

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
    Years
  • You suck up to the highers staff and make your only PC friend a mod who you have pointless conversations with, daily, of course.

But seriously, you just need dedication and the-know of the forum, and if the h-staff like the sound of you... who knows?

There is no age limit. I'm twelve, and was eleven when I got modded which was like three weeks ago. :D

Haha at least you get acutually noticed...
    I wonder if I am anyway...
    Probably not :(

NiKaNoRoU

we are but particles
    Years
  • Forums follow a certain policy about moderation (officially), and pokecommunity makes no difference to that. The policy includes the following, afaik:

• Be a helpful member around the community. That includes:
      • Contentful posts
      • Detailed help and review
      • grammar and proper language (I guess?)
    • Be active. You can't be a mod and log in like, once a week. Not because they want to see you on, but not being active does not make you able to 'moderate' often.
    • Report posts that do not meet the community rules. Instead of mini-modding, which seems discouraging.
    • Add helpful content to a thread. Be it a tutorial, resource, useful material, or even a clarification that corrects many false claims.
    • Have the correct attitude. If you meet the above requirements but do it abnormally, you don't get a good eye on.
      • Example: Some one needs help on a script, relevant to rom hacking.
        • Good: Your script has this and that that might be causing the problem. According to this tutorial, the solution is the following.
        • Bad: Use the search function, okay

I guess that's it. Well, I might be stupid, but if I were a site owner somewhere, those would be my modding qualifications.

And I know the rule, "If you ask you wont get/become."
    You actually asked how, not showing that you want to become a moderator.

you don't get paid for the job, at least not on this site, as far as I'm concerned.

Haha at least you get acutually noticed...
    I wonder if I am anyway...
    Probably not
    Self-demoting won't get you anywhere. If you want to get noticed, you will have to try. Nothing is easy, but anything is possible.

Cheers.

Uecil

[img]https://i.ibb.co/4jfYrCT/tHdpHUB.png[/img]
    Years
  • you have to have a good profile like background, be nice and respect other members, follow pc rules, always be willing to help people in need and there is much more i could add =/

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
    Years
  • Okay, I think the replies are starting to get repetitive, soo I'll close this.

By the way, you don't need to have a nice looking profile. Mine sucks badly.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back