• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

J-E Anime Tournament Nominations

Status
Not open for further replies.

digi-kun

Hourai NEET
Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Mar 12, 2018
    So as discussed earlier, we will be doing an "anime from the last year" tournament. Part of the purpose is also to help people who haven't seen any series from this past year to find anime they might like.

Any anime that has started in Summer 2010 to Present (Not counting Winter 2011) are eligible for nomination. Use this for reference.

Try to limit number of nominations to 10 per user. For the sake of people that haven't seen as much, try to start from the less popular and then move to the more popular series. This is for the sake of having one person nominate the more popular series and getting no nominations from anyone else. Also, I'll be filling in gaps to make the number be pretty at the end of the nomination period, so you won't have to worry about the super popular shows not being in. This will likely be open for one week before I take them all and throw them into the RNG.

Tournament is still likely to be swiss format to prevent rage at the random number generator in the case of single elimination.

Also, we will be holding a larger scale anime tournament later on in the year (likely summer)

The tournament discussion thread will go up with the first round. For now, feel free to discuss as you nominate.

jpp8

Producer
    Years
    • Seen Sep 19, 2013
    Summer 2010:
    Seitokai Yakuindomo
    Amagami SS

Fall 2010:
    Kami Nomi zo Shiru Sekai
    Tantei Opera Milky Holmes
    Soredemo Machi Mawatteiru

Winter 2010:
    Infinite Stratos
    Yumekui Merry
    Level E

Spring 2011:
    Tiger & Bunny

Summer 2011:
    The iDOLM@STER

I've noticed a trend where I've watched more cartoons in the past than I do now. I need to fix that.

Weeaboo Name

Banned
    Years
  • Summer 2010
    Mitsudomoe

Fall 2010
    Star Driver: Kagayaki no Takuto

Winter 2010
    n/a

Spring 2011
    Nichijou
    A-Channel