• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Computer Memoires

LightOfTruth

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2020
    This thread is for talking about past things with computers like the dial up days and the days of Netscape :);)

twocows

The not-so-black cat of ill omen
    Years
  • I probably have a few gigabytes of stuff dedicated to old software/hardware. I have Windows 3.1, MS-DOS 6.22, Windows 95, Windows 98/SE/Me, System 6, System 7/Mac OS 7, Mac OS 8, Mac OS 9, and a bunch of software for each of them.

LightOfTruth

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2020
    XP would join that pile soon as Windows 7 replaces it. Vista was a failure but I think Windows 7 will push XP out ;)

Years
  • XP would join that pile soon as Windows 7 replaces it. Vista was a failure but I think Windows 7 will push XP out ;)

Vista was a solid OS, but it's initial bad rep and the lack of control options for the UAC killed it's rep forever. 7 is a streamlined version of Vista (which isn't a bad thing in the slightest, since 7 is clearly what they wanted Vista to be, but they were probably rushed by their shareholders and Apple to get it out).

As for myself, I remember watching my dad always playing the Might and Magic series of PC games.

Years
  • I remember when my buddy got his first 486 running Windows 3.1. We never left the house after that and were nerds ever since. We would stay up all night playing Wolfenstein and Doom, chatting with Dr. Sbaitso, and just generally tinkering.

Back