• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Why you ackin' so cray-cray?

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
Years

• The above is a parody of numerous shows falling within the tabloid talk show/trash TV genre. What are people's general opinions on shows of that ilk (e.g The Jerry Springer Show, Maury, The Jeremy Kyle Show etc.)? Mindless popcorn-fuelled entertainment? A scourge on modern society? Something inbetween? Let your minds run wild!

#isthenumbersign
    Years
  • Ugh, I feel like these shows, at least the trash TV ones, are pointless. I mean obviously they don't solve any problems. The crowds are always booing people and cheering for fights and stuff. According to your wiki link, some guy thinks these shows promote LGBT awareness, but how can you do that in such a negative light?

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 6, 2015
    I watch Jeremy Kyle, not because I give two damns of people's problems, but because I find it funny then pointless things people say or do just to be on that show.

The fights are practically golden moments on it, Jeremy's reactions to the most stupid of problems.

''I give my kid, clothes, XboxLive, Plasma Tv, BLi- Father of the year everyone!!''

Golden.

Her

Years
    • Seen today
    I don't feel any regret when I say that I love these filthy, mind-killing shows. I don't get to watch them often, because I'm working when they're on (I only get to watch Jeremy Kyle because that's the only 'trash tv' show that is shown in New Zealand, Maury and the like are just unheard of over here) and I can't skip work to watch crappy tv! I'd get fired! I think it's sad that people have to turn to these sort of shows for them to have their personal issues resolved, and more often than not, the hosts only make the problems worse, but thats their own fault for (again, more often than not) going on national television and displaying to the world just how mentally unstable they are. I just think people shouldn't take the people and the shows too seriously because clearly a) some of the stories are just too far-fetched to be real and b) they're just plain crap. Mindless, but hilarious, crap.

Logan

[img]http://pldh.net/media/pokecons_action/403.gif
    Years
  • For me they're only good when I fancy a lazy day in bed and want a self-esteem boost in my life :).

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 19, 2021
    It's just fun to watch these people go absolutely insane over the stupidest things. That's modern media for you, I guess.

Years
  • Can't stand them. Something about watching grown adults act as mature a 8 year olds turns me off. Don't understand how people can watch them for more than 5 minutes. I would rather watch infomercials or Fox News.

Back