• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Collaborations

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
Years
  • Popular franchises, but with different developers.

Nintendo's done this a lot, for better or for worse. Star Fox with Rare and later Namo. F-Zero with Sega. Zelda with Capcom. Metroid with Retro and later Team Ninja. Donkey Kong with Rare and later Retro.

What do you think of these kinds of collaborations? Are there any that you'd like to see in the future.

As unlikely as it is, I think a Retro Studios and BioWare developed Zelda game would be pretty cool.

Cello

Tonight!
    Years
  • I've always been relatively pleased with collaboration games. Personally I feel like Capcom should work with Nintendo more in creating handheld Zelda games, as I loved Oracle of Seasons/Ages.
    Hell, who am I kidding? I like pretty much every single one of the game collaborations you mentioned in your post, except for maybe Team Ninja/Metroid Other M. I feel like they missed the target on that one a little.

I also like a lot of the collaborations between Nintendo and Retro, which I feel like they should keep at collaborating as well. I'm pretty excited to hear their Wii U title that's to be announced soon, which they commented that it's "a project everyone wants us to do."
    Though I know these are pretty much the only series they work on, I hope it's a new Metroid or Donkey Kong. x]

Also, Bioware developing a Zelda game would be a neat thing to see. I don't have much of an imagination when it comes to Retro developing one (Though I don't doubt that they could make a good Zelda title), but I could see a pretty large Zelda game with a lot of depth and choices coming from Bioware.

As for collaborations i'd like so see... It's hard for me to think of collabs other than Capcom and Retro, but I think I would want HAL Laboratory working on more Pokemon Spin-Offs like Snap and Pokemon Stadium.
    I would also like to see Hudson Soft working on more Nintendo Adventure/Platformer Bomberman games, despite it not really being so much of a collaboration as it's just Nintendo publishing Hudson's titles.

Last edited:
    Back