• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Team Draconian Tempest

Years
  • I decided to start on a fire and dragon team since I don't see very many of them around anymore now that people are using a lot more fighting, psychic and steel-types. This is only a rough draft of the team I'm working to complete. Tips and ideas are greatly appreciated. :)
    Dragon Dance - Raises its already beastly attack and mediocre speed
    Dragon Tail - STAB + Forces the foes annoying Ice-type move users to switch back out and maybe bring in an easy kill (Dragon/Fire/Rock/Ground)
    Sunny Day - Makes Heat Wave ungodly powerful when combined with Blaze, Charcoal and STAB and a high sp.attack
    Focus Blast - Rock-types' worst enemy, coupled with the power to lower the foe's sp.defense
    Fly - STAB + Evade an attack, just have to watch out for Thunder
    Crunch - May lower the foe's defense, making all of the above attacks even more damaging
    Earthquake - STAB + Won't hit Dragonite, Charizard or Salamence, be weary of Fire-typed team mates however
    Fire Fang - Super effective against Ice-type foes
    Flare Blitz - STAB + Burn, Again, Leftovers can take care of any recoil damage
    Sunny Day - To further increase the power of Flare Blitz, extraordinary when comboed with Blaze
    Belly Drum - Cuts HP down by half, but it has a high HP stat already, maximizes attack stat
    Swagger - Confuses the foe, raises their attack by two though, Darmanitan has low defense though, so its a bit of a gamble

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • You're leading with Dragonite, so how about an Anti-lead set?:
    -Draco Meteor
    -Superpower
    -Fire Blast
    -ExtremeSpeed
    Nature: Quiet
    EVs: 252 Atk/252 SAtk/4 Spe
    Item: Life Orb
    Ability: Inner Focus

Charizard needs Flamethrower or Fire Blast instead of Heat Wave; Heat Wave is only good in doubles.

Salamence needs this set:
    -Dragon Dance
    -Outrage
    -Earthquake/Brick Break
    -Fire Blast/Brick Break
    Nature: Naughty/Naive
    EVs: 252 Atk/28 SAtk/232 Spe
    Item: Life Orb/Lum Berry
    Ability: Intimidate

I think you need to make Garchomp a revenge killer:
    -Outrage
    -Earthquake
    -Fire Fang/Fire Blast
    -Stone Edge/Dragon Claw
    Nature: Adamant/Jolly
    EVs: 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spe
    Item: Choice Scarf
    Ability: Sand Veil

Blaziken got Speed Boost from the Dream World, and I think you should take advantage of it:
    -Protect/Stone Edge
    -Swords Dance
    -Hi Jump Kick
    -Flare Blitz/Stone Edge
    Nature: Adamant
    Ability: Speed Boost

Using Darmanitan with Belly Drum is too risky; this is a better alternative:
    -Flare Blitz
    -Earthquake/Superpower
    -Rock Slide/Superpower
    -U-turn/Superpower
    Nature: Adamant/Jolly
    Ability: Sheer Force

Years
  • Thanks a lot. I see how Life Orb would be much more benifical than King's Rock for Dragonite; along with Draco Meteor and Fire Blast. For Charizard: I've been doing a lot of double battles lately, training on the Battle Subway, I usually change between Fire Blast and Heat Wave depending on the match. I didn't think of Brick Break for Salamence! That's a really good idea since he usually gets put in his place by Steel and Ice-types regardless of his Fire Fang, plus it'll break through annoying foes hiding behind Light Screen or Reflect. Much better move set for a Choice Garchomp. For Blaziken, the Dream World still isn't open in the U.S. because of the earthquake in Japan - I was waiting for it too, there were a lot of pokemon that gained amazing abilities because of it - it feels like a bit of a loss without Sunny Day though, since that was powering up almost every team member's move set with all of their fire moves. I kind of feel that Darmanitan could be switched out for something much better, maybe Haxorus or Hydreigon? Anyways, this was a HUGE help, thank you so much. :)

Back