• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon EV Training Question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Aug 21, 2011
    Firstly, Sorry if this is in wrong thread.

So I was EV Training my Dragonite in attack, I was attacking patrats+lillipups on route 1. I noticed they give 1 effort point so I have to kill 255 of the little things. But I killed 50 in an 40 mins playing. So therefore this would take above 3 hours to do. Is this right?

If not what am i doing wrong?

Thanks

Daniel

PikachuGuy

THOSE CHU'Z
    Years
  • You could try to kill 255, however that would take forever. Have you ever heard of the Power Items or the Macho Brace? By using the Power Item for Attack, the Power Bracer, you get 5 EV's for every Poke you kill. For example, your Dragonite equips the Power Bracer and kills one Goldeen. He would get 5 EV's in Attack, 4 would be from the Power Bracer and 1 would be from the Goldeen. Every Power Item awards 4 EV's in that given stat plus the amount of EV's from the wild Pokemon. I just fully EV trained a Dragonite in Attack and Speed on Heart Gold, I first gave him 10 Attack vitamins which gives him 100 total EV's and I need 155 more, so I equiped him with the Power Bracer and killed 32 Goldeen awarding me 155 EV's in Attack. Then I feed him 10 Speed vitamins and killed 32 Magikarp giving me 155 EV's in speed. I would buy the vitamins for the desired stat and feed 10 of them and then use the Power Items to do it, instead of doing it the hard way. Unless you get really really REALLY lucky and find a wild Pokemon with Pokerus.

Here's a URL for more information on the Power Items, they are very helpful.

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/EV-enhancing_item

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back