• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Unreleased Pokemon!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Llennoccm8

The Sprietenator
Years
m7h1e.jpg

in the corner

This pic was from back in September. We still havent figured out what it is. Is it a beta version of a 5th gen? of was it cut completely.

DISSCUSS!

Kenshin5

Wanderer
Years
Looks like these are the Pokemon Peer Scans from September 9th. All the scans I have seen, all that is shown is what we already have. From what I can tell it is one of the evolutions in the Snivy line, Pansage, or Mebukijika since it's pre-evolution Shikijika is above the pokemon in question.

Last edited:

imevil

Biggest Scyther Fan
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jun 5, 2016
hes hard to see but im pretty sure hes been released

Kenshin5

Wanderer
Years
How do we know it's not real? Pokemon Peer had interviews with Junichi Masuda and Ken Sugimori, as well with out Game Freak Graphic designs back in September. These were released around that time.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
If it were a beta Pokemon, it wouldn't be appearing in a magazine released about 10 days before the games Japanese release (and especially not "cut out" at that point) - containing official interviews and other important information. Thus most likely it is a different form of another Pokemon - one of which Kenshin mentioned, considering other Pokemon in that magazine have different formes, too (see Snivy, Chillarmy, etc). Alternatively it could just be left there to speculate on because Sugimori was bored, but I doubt that. Plus, unless somebody actually emails or contacts someone from the magazine, you'll never really know the actual answer, because as far as I can see online, there is no information on what it is, so it's safe to assume it's just another forme of a Pokemon we already know. If you actually do contact someone from the magazine and find out (or even discover the answer another way), let Kaori or I know, then we'll update this thread with that information, but from the replies we've got, I can see future responses being speculation that can't be proved and repeated information, unlike speculation regarding other things which can actually be proved eventually.

If you do find actual beta artwork of B/W Pokemon, then yes you can post that in a new thread to discuss (though I'm not sure from where).

For a full size image of those scans, just google Pokemon Pia scans and you should be able to find more scans.

24mrgva.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back