• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Japanses cards or English cards?

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 28, 2019
As the title states, are you more of an English card collector or Japanese? English ones seem to be the best imo, they're cheaper and more readily available, but it does seem that Japanese cards are much more interesting. Anybody have their own opinion?

Edit: Japanese* Title fail .-.

Last edited:
Years
From a playing and ease of access standpoint for collecting, I prefer English cards (in the US, English language cards are the only language cards that can be used). However, there are numerous cards where I like the foil on the original Japanese print more.

And, generally, in the US, it's the English cards that are more expensive because they're more sought after for both nostalgia purposes and competitive play purposes. Retailers that mark up the prices for Japanese ones are generally not as familiar with how much market forces deflate the card's value Stateside.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I prefer English cards so that I can read them. I like having older Japanese cards, though. I'm a sucker for old sets and also, older Japanese holos are much more holo than American holo cards. So yeah, it basically depends, but I'm not too terribly picky! In fact, I'd much prefer French cards to English or Japanese. :) I only have one though, which is Jungle Eevee. I hope to acquire more in the future~

Demon.

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
Years
  • Seen Jun 20, 2018
Japanese cards look better. Mostly the Full arts and secret rares.

Back