• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Dragons

Years
  • Seen Apr 2, 2023
I've kinda notcied something that I need help on.
If you know about the legend of the 4 god's the bird the tiger the turtle and the dragon it's easier to get this then.
Anyone notice how every new genaration we get follow's this legend?

Kanto-Zapdos, Articuno, Moltres- BIRDS
Johto-Enti,Ryiku,Syicune-TIGER
Hoenn-Regirock,Regiice,Regicstell-TURTLE
4th Gen- Dragons?

Anyone think that the next set might contain dragons as the "kinda legendairy but not quite legendairy" pokemon?

Evil Togepi

Yu-Gi-Oh GX owns my SOUL!
Years
Hummm, well to me Entei and Suicune represent Dogs more (*Hence why they're called the 3 legendary Dogs*) Although Raikou could easilly pass for a tiger. As for Regis being based on turtles that to me seems like a long shot too but it is a very intresting theory and it's one I've never noticed, guess we'll have to wait and see if the 3 legendaries in the 4th generation do turn out to be dragons ^^ It would be pretty neat if they did!

Years
  • Seen Apr 2, 2023
It's a mojor part in the shinto religoion on the 4 god's that guard the 4 area's of kyoto there are the turtle the tiger the phonix and the dragon if you look around a lot of animes have them.

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
Years
I don't really see how the regis look like turtles... O_o

I get the pheonix and the tiger parts though...very interesting, I would also like to see the next generation feature three elemental dragons. it would be cool.

Chairman Kaga

living in the past
Years
Hehe, legendary turtles...I could imagine a giant, winged Torkoal that can use Dragonbreath and Blizzard :P

Legendary dragons would be neat...I hope they would do that, but since the regis were a bit freaky and unlovable, unlike like the other legendary trios, I have no idea what they've got in mind for us.

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
Years
Actually Ho-oh is the phoenix. Moltres is just firebird (YES there is a differnece)

Regis are based on Golems, not turtles.

If anything, the next legendary trio better not be weak to ice... we have enough legendaries weak to ice already x_x;

Chairman Kaga

living in the past
Years
A dark legendary is what I want more than anything...especially a dark/dragon type. But following old traditions, dark/fire, dark/electric, and dark/ice or dark/water would be nice too...

AJHalliwell

Forrest Green Gym- Person
Years
Hm, I agree that the Regis look NOTHING like turtles. But this other theory is intresting. The others I can see though. And it seems like a probable thing that the next set of ledgendaries be dragons.
It'd be cool to see a Plant-Type Dragon! A psycic...and a Rock. But they'll probably go with Fire, Water, and Lightning again *sigh*
And as for that gods statement that they forgot (ah- the ever none-existant pokegods...maybe that's where the rumor started?!)
Maybe their like- Mew, Deoxys, Jirachi, Celebi...er' something. I dunno.
*my two cents*

Chairman Kaga

living in the past
Years
Well, since they departed from the original lightning/fire/water theme with the legendaries in R/S (them being ice/rock/steel) I would think that the fourth generation would take the legendaries from more types that haven't been used...if they were to do legendary dragons, a dark/dragon, a bug/dragon, a grass/dragon, and a poison/dragon would probably be the most likely candidates for a legendary pokemon in the nest generation...

Years
  • Age 33
  • USA
  • Seen Nov 18, 2005
That is a EXTREMMLY cool theory! I wish that would be true. I wouldnt mind seing a legondary dragon! I hope they do make a good pokemon dragon..Honestly...Dark, psychic and steel ohh!
i dont like gonbe, no offence.I hated the Idea of a pre-evolved snorlax uurgh
I hated the idea of Satoshi making nay new pokemon! I didnt want anymore pokemon after these ruby sapphire ones. Then I saw Gone, And shuddered

Years
That sounds good to me. The Regis in a way are like Turtles, they are hard. ^.~ Wow, legendary dragons. That would be SO cool!!! I hope they would be Ice, Wind, and Rock! XD I wonder what they would look like if they were real... *wanders off into thought*

Last edited:

Mew13

Aqua Trainer
Years
I think a Dark Dragon or a Grass Dragon would be the coolest.... considering Fire, Water, Ice, Electric, and Psychic have all been a bit, well, overused.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 19, 2008
Err ... hold that thought. But I thought Latios and Latias were legendary. And they are dragons.

Frostweaver said:
Actually Ho-oh is the phoenix. Moltres is just firebird (YES there is a differnece)

Ehh ... I thought Ho-oh was based off on the Egyptian pheonix while Moltres was based off the Chinese. Even if there is only one Mythical Pheonix. x_X

Back