• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen feeling for the team

Hatsune Mika

FireRed Nuzlocke
Years
Has anyone at all during the BW & BW2 Series ever felt attached to a certain Pokemon and got kind of sad when it fainted? Or when doing the story could actually sympathize with a character? Is this what they say as to love your Pokemon and succeed in bringing out the potential?

LightBlast

I am fire. I am... death!
Years
I generally don't like it if a team memeber faints. They really feel like companions who tag along on my journey. So I ended up training them so much, they could defeat anyone.

Astraea

The Storm of Friendship
Years
  • Age 25
  • IDK
  • Seen Jan 23, 2022
I always had a feeling from inside that these are pokemon, my own lineup, those whom i believe and they fight for me.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
Mienshao and Leavanny are two Pokemon in Black/White whom I feel connected to in the game. Both Pokemon have shown to be good team players to every trainer they battle against and show no mercy in losing. Without these two, I'd probably lose in an instant.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
I'd get pretty upset whenever my opponent managed to take down Serperior. I've put a lot of work into the Pokémon; bred it, EV-trained it, got it to level 100, etc. etc., and seeing it being taken out easily just… like I said, angered me. Same goes for Togekiss and Vaporeon. d:

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Sep 14, 2017
I'm replaying Black, and my Oshawott kept losing. . . to the first gym! I felt so bad for the lil guy, but after he evolved he was able to win.

In Black 2, I felt really bad for N. I couldn't believe the way Ghetsis treated him after Kyurem fainted. ;n;

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
Years
It happens a lot to me with my Watchog & Mienshao

I always felt sad every time my two loyal companions fainted - don't know why, I get too attached to them, it always made me feel sad and guilty inside [in my mind "it was my fault they fainted, hope they still like me after reviving them"].

Years
I got really attached to my Mienshao. It was one of my favorites so it grew on me and upset me whenever the little guy fainted. That and he was just so useful in battles so losing him was tough. :(

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 11, 2022
I actually got really attached to my Swoobat during my second White run. Like, REALLY attached. So much so that it was usually way more powerful than anything else on my team.

During White 2 I got super attached to Emboar entirely. Naturally it upset me lots when they both fainted here and there, especially with Swoobat's low defenses.

Years
One that I felt really attached to was my Samurott. It just had a lot of variety to it and did well through the league, and it felt especially good using it against the Champion's ace as the very last battle before beating the game. :D Then the same thing happened in the post-game rematch (although Haxorus wasn't her last one, it was still the same match-up).

Years
I felt attached to pretty much every pokemon I had in games - but the one I was most attached to was my Serperior since he was my starter ^_^

As for character - I always liked N and his story - therefor I was kinda symphatysing with him during the game - I mean his story is kinda sad :(

mangamusicfan

The Lost one.
Years
Ill alway's think it suck's when a pokemon faint's, his happiness will drop great then.
And that's something I dont want!
But getting attached? not that much It's only a game you know.

Back