• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Pokegear Phone App

RoreyG

Lizardon Man
Years
When I first played through Pokemon HG, I made the foolish mistake of adding most everyone from Johto to my Pokegear phone, thinking that there would have been some way to delete those numbers anytime they started to get annoying.

Guess what, they got annoying and to my frustration, there was no way to delete those suckers from my Pokegear memory.

My question goes out to the community; did you make the same mistake that I did and if so, what was your first reaction after realizing your mistake?

Last edited:
Years
Thankfully no, as I watched every dialogue of them and added only those who were worthy of getting my number like the ones who give elemental stones and those who inform of Pokemon Swarms

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen May 23, 2023
You're not alone Rorey, I made the exact same mistake. My thought process went along the lines of "if I add everyone, I'll be sure to get more useful items!". Worst idea I've ever had. There were occasionally a few times when I was offered an item or a rematch but other than that it was just frustrating to hear that 'ring ring' and hear Joey brag about his top percentage Rattata. Well Joey your Rattata can try and absorb the wrath of my fist. I honestly don't need a phone call every four seconds, I know I'm famous now that I've earned the title of champion but it just got so frustrating. Lesson learnt, I hardly add anyone to my Pokegear now unless they have something useful to offer (e.g: evolutionary stones!)

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years
Unfortunately I did make the same mistake. ;_; My first reaction was, "how do I delete these pests off my contacts list?" I googled it and found out it was impossible to delete them and I raged, haha. I think that's one of the minor flaws of HGSS. But despite being only minor, it had a massive impact on the game-play for me. Considering, I got a crap-tonne of calls every minute; and that's excluding Mom!

Fernando Torres

Class on grass
Years
  • Seen Jul 28, 2014
HA! Lol I always reject their offers. I have no need for random people contacting me while I'm running through the game. :3 It was kind useless and I don't know why they didn't think out of a number deletion thing.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Thankfully, I haven't made the same mistake as you did. Haha. I've only added important people to my PokéGear, such as mom, professor Elm, Lyra, Lance, and a few Pokémon trainers who I found to be challenging. Some of these trainers did call me from time to time, but if I didn't feel like battling them, I would just hang up their calls.

Back