• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Update Methods?

Allgamesdude

The Creator of the WIP game, Pokémon Cosmic. Looki
Years
  • Hello All,

I am a user of Pokemon Essentials, and even though I have been using RGSS scripts for a long time, I have yet to learn one thing. Right now, I am trying to figure out how to implement a touch screen feature for my game. Thus, I am looking at the tutorial involving CrazyNinjaGuys Scripts. However, it asks for an update method. Could someone lead me and tell me where the update method for Essentials is located? Or if it is relating to one method, then the location of that? Could someone explain update methods to me?

I am using the tutorial on the Wikia. What does it mean b an update method? I have searched all the scripts for and update method(like graphics.update) and it showed up with like 200 results. Can someone tell me where the update methods are mainly defined? This will help a lot. Thanks

Thanks

POKEGOD7020

FL

Pokémon Island Creator
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    CrazyNinjaGuy at the tutorial said:
    Please only use this if you are an experienced scripter and you know what you are doing. There is no point adding this if you can't script, as it won't do anything unless you tell it to.

The scenes in Essentials use the concept of game loop. At this concept, some commands are called every frame, generally a UpdateSpriteHash, update graphics, update input, among other things commands to update things. Here is a guide that explain how a simple scene works.

Allgamesdude

The Creator of the WIP game, Pokémon Cosmic. Looki
    Years
  • Help with touch screen

Hi all!

I am trying to add touch screen and dual screen by CNG.

Where is the update method supposed to be placed? Thanks.

PokeGod

Back