• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Starter kit Game Maker

Status
Not open for further replies.

rm2kdude

Advanced Pixel-Artist
Years
    • Age 35
    • usa
    • Seen Oct 30, 2022
    Well i've been using game maker since last august but not very much, recently i've been working allot with it.

So I decided to make a pokemon game based off of the japanese version of the manga and bits of the jap anime.

The starter kit will be totally open source and will be basically just look like it was from fire red or leaf green.

There will only be 2 players you can play as
    Satoshi and Shigeru

Satoshi Recieves Pikachu and Shigeru would recieve an evee like the manga did or anime they were the same at that part.

The game will feature.

Menu System
    Complete Battle System Only 1 rival and 1 random battle will be in the starter kit I will walk through you in the coding.
    Pokemon Movement System
    Interactive Npc's
    Dialog System.

The First release will be the movement and dialog system, this will be released sometime this weekend, I might also just include the menu system. After that I will be focusing on the combat engine and a few battles. Once that is done the engine is complete.

This project might take a month to complete!
    This game is made with Game Maker 6.1, 7 sucks!

All Credits will be given to whomever I get help from.

Years
    • Seen Jun 23, 2007
    awesome i might get game maker just for this :D lol. I hope you go through with this many people will! Also may i ask y game maker 7 sux?

Years
    • Seen Mar 28, 2007
    sounds great hope it doesn't die

Last edited:

rm2kdude

Advanced Pixel-Artist
    Years
    • Age 35
    • usa
    • Seen Oct 30, 2022
    Thanks, I'm just doing some sprite editing right now and i'll begin the engine tomorrow, actually.. I'll do allot of rom ripping tomorrow, so expect a demo soon.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back