• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

about Transparent Text Boxes

Rayd12smitty

Shadow Maker
Years
    • Seen Feb 21, 2016
    Alright. I was deciding wether to put this here or in requests. I apologize if it is in the wrong place.

Ok. So most people around here have seen those awesome see through but slightly colored text boxes being used in fan games. I am a complete noob doing his best when it comes to this kind of stuff. I want to know how to make them/if anyone has one. I know how to make backgrounds completely disappear for making tilesets, but i have no idea how to make a colored background see through.

Could someone please explain this to me?

EDIT

Ok. I just figured out how to use gimp to turn the opacity down. My only problem now is that the image has to save as an xcf file. Can these be used with PRG Maker XP?

Last edited:

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    I use Paint.NET for all my transparency needs. In fact, I've just learnt how to change a layer's opacity in it because of your question. 'S easy.

von Weltschmerz

the first born unicorn
    Years
    • Seen Feb 18, 2013
    Use the "export" function on GIMP to save it in a different format such as jpg or png.

Seth Pegasus

Creator of Pokemon: The Conspiracy.
    Years
    • Seen Aug 24, 2021
    In gimp simply click on Save As instead of Save and change the file type to png then save.

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 6, 2015
    Easier way.
    Fill a box in the color you want see through.
    Save it.
    and use the Semi Transperent option in the importing method of graphics in Rpg Maker.

Back