• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Type3 & PBTypes.maxValue

Years
    • Seen May 29, 2020
    Hi all,

I've been trying to add a Type3. With this I mean that pokemon can have 3 types. For example: Gyarados becomes Water, Flying, Dragon, and Masquerain becomes Bug, Water, Flying.

This means adding 'Type3', adding a line to the compiler to read Pokemon.txt, altering the effectiveness check and changing 'modtype' (was 0, 1, 2, -4-, 8, 16; becomes 0, 1, 2, 4, -8-, 16, 32, 64).

So far most things seem to work. Except that I have some problems with the DARK type. When using a DARK-type move, the move is sometimes skipped: Krokorok used Bite! ... Zubat used Supersonic! (and supersonic is executed).

It is not always skipped. I know it fails on Zubat, Wingull, Surskit, Sewaddle, Weepinbell, Emolga, Pansage and Sandile. But it succeeds on for example Marill, Psyduck and Sandshrew.

Because the DARK-type is the last move of Types.txt, I tried switching the DARK-type with, in this case, the FIRE-type. After this, the FIRE-type failed. That makes me think it may be related to PBTypes.maxValue. But I have no clue of the exact location of the error.

I logged every change, but the log is not self-explanatory (without looking into the script). I included it anyway to give an idea of the changes I made:

Spoiler:

Thanks in advance for your help,

dexter1o6

EDIT:
    ...and there's the next thing that apparently doesn't work yet. The FIRE-type seems to be super-effective at Hoothoot. So, that's no good -_- And it means the problem probably doesn't lie with .maxValue...

To make it a bit more clear, all hints help. I may be able to fix the problem myself, but I need guidance through the script. Like, what scripts are likely to be part of the problem?

EDIT2:
    I now have a large list of pokemon on which the problem does (not) occur, and I've concluded that pokemon with two types are the problem. If the defending pokemon has one or three types, it works.

I think the problem might be in pbExtraTypes. Does anyone know what kind of parameter is returned by PBTypes.getEffectiveness? Is that a boolean or an integer? And why is the argument 'opponentType2' set to 'nil'? Just to get to know the pieces of code I'm working with...

Last edited:
    Back