• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Buying a car

Ziraider

ಠ_ಠ Get Down with the Pokemon.
Years
  • I have 3 choices to buy from two of the cars are in ATL. The other car is here near where I live.

1. Toyota Celica 1996 SS2/ base I forget.
    Miles: N/A (I don't remember what he said >_>)
    Condition: Good.
    Cost: N/A until he puts a new front axile on it.
    Owner: My cuz in ATL.

2. 89 Monte Carlo base?
    Miles:100,000 or so.
    Condition: Fair
    Cost: N/a Because It don't run
    Owner:""

3.95 Chevy Cavalier base
    Miles:200,000
    Condition: Fair
    Cost$400
    Owner: Uncle near my home Town.

I'm stuck on what I want. What I thought about doing is to buy the Cavi, and then when my uncle fixes the other two buy them from him keep the Carlo and Cavi as spars and Drive the Celica? I can buy the Cavi this friday. My uncle in the ATL needs a few more weeks, before I know if he fixes them.

Post what you think! Thank you!

Hrm, well seeing as they don't seem to be in the best of conditions, I would go with what best fits your budget. The one that is in good condition, if it gets fixed and doesn't have like a bajillion miles on it, then I would go for it, unless it is majorly expensive. If not, I'd go for the Cavalier.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • Check the year on the Monte. I thought Chevy stopped making the old style after 1988, then didn't make them again until 1995.

In any event, 200,000 miles is a bit unnerving for the Cavalier, especially since 1995 was the first year for a redesign and first-year redesigned cars tend to have more problems. But it is the only one currently running...

Ask your uncle with the Cav to see if he'll hold off on selling until the other two cars are fixed and you can get a price for them. I'd pay no more than $300 for the Monte and no more than $1500 for the Celica. The value of the Celica is based on Edmunds.com, adjusted for the repaired axle, and the Monte is just an estimate since used car price guides don't go back to '88/'89. For the Celica, I'd say 150,000 miles or more would be a bit too much.

If repaired and priced low enough, I'd pick the Celica, then the Monte Carlo. The Cavalier just has too many miles to consider unless the other two can't be repaired.

Ziraider

ಠ_ಠ Get Down with the Pokemon.
    Years
  • yeah the cav is just little not what im looking for but its the only thing i can afford atm. but overall i would buy the celica over all the cars.

Back