• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Writer's Adrenaline

djgrim

Grim
Years
    • Seen Oct 18, 2014
    Something's been on my mind for some time. When you write a story, do ever get so excited about what's to come, you get a sort of adrenaline spike?
    Sometimes I write a part out and get really excited about it, my hands kind of move on their own and I don't notice anything else around me. Does anybody else get this feeling?

Ultramarine

Turn the tables
    Years
  • Something similar, yes. I'm writing a television script (just for fun :P), and whenever I start planning a new episode I just get really excited and start typing manically.
    Also happens when I write music sometimes.

Nolafus

Aspiring something
    Years
  • Yes, and I love this feeling!

Whenever I get done with a particularly hard or just exciting section, I feel like I could fly. Well, maybe not fly, but hopefully you get it. It's one of my favorite feelings in the world and I want to experience it again and again, so I just keep writing. It doesn't happen a lot, but that just makes it so that when I do get it, it's even better.

Years
  • I do, I do!

I get crazy excited to get to certain parts so much that I skip ahead and write those first sometimes. It usually causes continuity problems among other things but it's such a hard feeling to control. Makes me want to write and never stop.

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen today
    I get that periodically. It doesn't happen often these days, since I'm so regimented in when I write and for how long. When it does happen, it's an incredible feeling.

Except for when it happens for an entire month. I wrote for hours every day back in November 2008 and it was the most exhausting thing ever. But I was just so excited to explore characters I've known for years in new ways, putting them in different sorts of situations. I couldn't stop.

Iqid Loopz

This sentence is a lie.
    Years
  • Usually happens when I get inspired of something to write out and the diea is in my head. But that only last 10 to 30 minutes.

And literally working out can trigger that adrenaline. Well for me though.

Maced

Bad Egg
    Years
  • I think that's the surge writers tend to get when they really want to write a particular scenario that's been stuck in their heads...or fresh in their minds. That's the "Writer's Adrenaline" I get. One day I might be doing something, and suddenly get this urge to write a scene. I find it to be a good thing bad thing sort of deal. While I do get to write a part I've been itching to write, the less fun part arises when I have to piece it together with the story, and figure out the (less interesting) events that lead to it.

There's a lot of plotting involved and, most of the time, that scene I've been wanting to write gets thrown out—the end result being understanding my own story more in depth. I think every writer has to experience this "Adrenaline" when it comes to writing. Pardon the quotations. :)

In other words...

Trainer is in a battle. ( I might write a pages about a this particular battle because it interests me.)
    Then I might decide that battle, for the sake of plot, is unnecessary, maybe even downright a nuisance. Although, thanks to this analysis, I would have understood my story more and led it into a better direction than a five page battle.

«Chuckles»

Sharky
    Years
    • Seen Apr 29, 2023
    Yes it's the best feeling. When I'm writing a new chapter or maybe even a post for a Roleplay I just get overcome with ideas and excitement and I write non stop. Sometimes I overplan and just chock a chapter full of what could be 3 chapters.

Bay

Years
  • I think that's the surge writers tend to get when they really want to write a particular scenario that's been stuck in their heads...or fresh in their minds. That's the "Writer's Adrenaline" I get. One day I might be doing something, and suddenly get this urge to write a scene. I find it to be a good thing bad thing sort of deal. While I do get to write a part I've been itching to write, the less fun part arises when I have to piece it together with the story, and figure out the (less interesting) events that lead to it.

This is pretty much me too. I would write ahead a scenario that's either been stuck in my head or suddenly popped up. I then would have to piece together the already written scenes and write the less interesting ones to web them together. Most of the them I managed, though.

There are times where I would go days without writing, and then I'm inspired to finish something and so I suddenly focus writing for a while. I remember long ago I was able to write a whole rough draft of a fic within a month and that was a great feeling (though it took a while to do the edits/revisions, lol).

an illegible mess.

[i]i'll make [b]tiny changes[/b] to earth.[/i]
    Years
  • all the time! getting to the moments that are exciting to me give me energy to write just so i can get to that part, haha.

Years
  • Usually happens when I get inspired of something to write out and the diea is in my head. But that only last 10 to 30 minutes.

And literally working out can trigger that adrenaline. Well for me though.

Hey man, it'd been a while since I'd talked to you. If you want to remember whatever ideas you have in your head, write it down on a notebook or something.

Le pug

Creator of Pokémon: Discovery / Fat Kid
    Years
  • Something's been on my mind for some time. When you write a story, do ever get so excited about what's to come, you get a sort of adrenaline spike?
    Sometimes I write a part out and get really excited about it, my hands kind of move on their own and I don't notice anything else around me. Does anybody else get this feeling?

Yes I get this all the time when I talk about my Co-Lead for my hack and what we're going to do next and when we think of awesome ideas to incorporate. So I just start writing and don't stop for awhile lol.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Periodically, yes :) When I feel like I'm not making up the story, rather I'm experiencing it. When it grows for itself and I'm just the channel to put it into written words. Love dat. I can also get excited when I'm leading up to a part I've been waiting to write for a longer time.

Back