• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

that's my stuff get outta here

Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    Think of all your favourite belongings, or things you use the most, it could be a piece of technology (TV, computer), a collection of sorts, or a personal treasure.

List them!!

Now, part two, imagine they are all taken from you. You can't get a replacement for any of them, you can never have them again, you just have to live a simple life without any form of luxury item, unless you turn to a life of crime. Would you do it?

Lets assume you will receive the proper guidance in order to be able to live this life of crime, so no cop out reply "Ohhh I wouldn't know where to start in the criminal world!"

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    ohhh, this is interesting. i was expecting "how do you feel when someone takes your stuff?!?!" but i should have expected something better coming from you!

my most valuable item is a collection of family-related things from my mother's side of the family, pictures of sorts, and some documents that belonged to my mother and her older relatives (parents, grandparents, great grandparents, and so on). our family is very father-oriented in the sense that we're more involved with members of his side of the family than my mothers, so i value things from her side a little bit more since they're so scarce and much of a mystery to me. i also highly value my laptop, which has all of the things i need, and a collection of fiction books that i have sitting next to my bed.

if they were taken from me, yes, i would turn to a life of crime to retrive them. i imagine that i'd have the goal in mind to quit soon after i retrieved them, but i get the thought that i'd end up staying with it in the end. this was an easy decision. it's like if someone told me "the person you love and care for most in life is on the other side of this door. in order to retrieve them, you have to kill the strangers in your way." if something that i care about beyond anything is at risk for something, i'd do anything to get that back. that's a point in time where a lot of people put aside their morals, values and beliefs and act out of desperation/panic. the fact that i'd be a criminal doesn't phase me in the least. if that's what i need to do to get it back, that's what i'll do.

Last edited by a moderator:

Yoshikko

the princess has awoken while the prince sleeps on
    Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2020
    First that comes to mind are two of my plushies. One is a sheep which I got when I was born, another one is a frog with a music box inside it which I also have for my entire life now, and I play it EVERY single night. Those two things are irreplaceable. Secondly, my drawings. All the drawings I have, whether they're digital or traditional, I think that speaks for itself. My Pokémon games, I started playing Pokémon from when they first came out when I was young, and have at least one game of each gen, those are very important to me. My computer is also among my most important stuff, it holds all my images, texts, (drawings too, digitally), etc. I'm looking around in my room right now to see if I can find some more stuff, and of course there are plenty of more things that I'm sure I would be devastated to lose, but I'm not going to list them all. I am going to say, all the things that my mother or father gave me (I see a bag lying here which I got from my dad, and there's a Kimono hanging here as well which is from my mom). Whatever they are, they mean a lot to me and obviously can't be replaced.

Well, I was thinking about this and I think I would be able to live a simple life like that, but I don't want to. So I guess crime it is, reluctantly lol.

Centiflora X

Thread Killer
    Years
    • Seen Nov 18, 2011
    I loved many of my non-fiction books, especially my textbooks. The range of subjects includes but not limited to chemistry, economics, geography, physics, psychology, mathematics, biology, medicine and sociology. They are the closest thing to personal prized possessions I have. No one else in my social circle reads them. My loved ones prefer that I absorb the contents and give explanations in ways compatible with their personal learning styles. It's not a surprise my collection grows just so I can have more concepts to teach.

Even if they are gone, nothing can take away whatever knowledge and ideas I gained from them. There is not much motivation I have for trying to get it back. Their disappearance will not affect me negatively.

If I had to live a life without some sort of luxury item unless I commit crimes, the first crime I would commit is suicide. Suicide is illegal where I live.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • The things I use most are my laptop, DS and iPad. If any of those are taken away, then I'd get so annoyed. I wouldn't want to turn to a life of crime to steal them because it's wrong, so I'm okay with settling with the closest things to those.

Ayselipera

Oh my god yes I would turn to a life of crime instantly. The thrill is enough for it to be completely worth it to me even if I didn't care that much for the items I lost. Plus the only item I can think of that I would lose in all of this is the computer since that is probably the only thing I use regularly and I actually do need one for certain reasons! Although ghughug I could use the internet on my phone, but I hate phone internet or at least my phone internet is horrible. :(

Plus technically I have "crime ways" in my blood from my past family members so it should come naturally!

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • Here we go:

*My laptop and all the files on it (fanart of Leaf/Pretty Cure/other cute anime girls, my MP3 colelction, and my collection of anime episodes and anime music videos)
    *My collection of hotel directories and pamphlets
    *My classic car sales brochures
    *My anime figurines
    *Anime DVDs
    *High school yearbook
    *My photos taken over the years
    *My video games, particularly my copies of Pokemon Leaf Green and Platinum
    *MP3 Player

And oh heck yeah, I'd turn to a life of crime, as long as the training is decent, i.e., so I don't get arrested within a week. I'd prefer committing fraud and white collar crime, but to get my luxury items back I wouldn't hesitate to venture into the realm of more violent crime... I wouldn't even need that kind of motivation to turn to a life of crime; I think I'd get a rush from it. All I would need to turn to a life of crime is the proper training in that lifestyle.

Back