• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Developing] A Game with robots

«Chuckles»

Sharky
Years
    • Seen Apr 29, 2023
    Title: A game with robots
    it is a massive work in progress.

An RPG created in RPG Maker VX Ace.

Rated PG.

*Introduction-*
    Hello my name is unimportant. Call me Chuckles, I enjoy video games and Robots (mainly Gundam) I decided to make a game with ROBOTS and the future.

*Plot*
    You are a Pilot for your countries army. Pilots are super soldiers who can use crystal tech. You are sent on a mission to find the base of a Rebel hide out. In the last 6 years the northern island of {insert country name here} has been under control of the Rebels, they do not like the form of government and wish to take the island country for them selves. The Government fought back with the best they had... Mechs. The mechs first became the backup before becoming their first line of defence but as the Mechs kept falling the Rebels took everything they could from them trying to build their own. Now the country is at a balance, they look at each other over the bay waiting for someone to make a move. In order to get back the island The Government decided to send in Pilots, the super soldiers who are used in space exploration and Mobile Suits. The outside world has done nothing to interfere with the troubles going on except for a large country called Ivory who have provided The Government with crystal tech. Crystal tech is a relatively new technology only found deep in space, it can be used to power cities and countries for millennium. A handfull can power a country for a decade. If put into weapons they can become dangerous and could destroy the planet if it is in dangerous amounts.

*Features*
    - Exciting gameplay
    - Linear story
    - RPG
    - Robots
    - Commumism
    - War
    - Guns
    - Enemies
    - #SWaG
    - A brand new world
    - A massive end game
    - A Massive map.
    - Enemies with conviction!
    - Radiation!
    - Space the final frontier
    - References to anime and popular things.

*Screenshots*
    qVwqdwa.jpg
    N3qKfk0.jpg
    d7IlqOu.jpg
    mYXFfnL.jpg

*Downloads*
    Alpha test. This is unplayable you are on a desert island with a large building it serves as an information desk about the game and stuff.
    http://www.mediafire.com/download/8u7tmvxj9aruzti/A+game+about+robots.rar

*misc.*
    I need some help with the game so shoot me a PM and whatnot if you want to help out.
    If you want to make an appearance in the game shoot me another PM
    Please do not send messages on hear with words of support simply like this post so the thread doesn't get filled with clutter and messages.
    If you have any bugs to report then tell me.
    If you want to Beta test then your more then welcome!
    *credits*
    Granny, you gave me them lists.
    The whole RPG Maker Community, for helping me with getting my head around the scripts and what to do and for supplying me with sprite sheets.
    Shekoa, for being the hero of the story.

Last edited:

TBM_Christopher

Semi-pro Game Dev
    Years
  • So it's great to see a new project being worked on, and your idea definitely has potential, though right now it's definitely a diamond in the rough.
    Spoiler:

The way you've built this up, there are two driving forces in this world - Mechs and Crystal Tech, and the two warring factions(The Government and the Rebels, if I'm reading this correctly?) seem to be at a stalemate, though this is about to be upset with Ivory providing Crystal Tech to the Government, right? What motivations does Ivory have to keep the current government in power? Why is the Government sending Pilots into the conflict if they're meant for space exploration?

The story paragraph may be better suited as 2 or even 3 paragraphs for clarity's sake.

Spoiler:

Some of these features don't really seem like features, and others seem to be "well, DUH" kinds of features. For instance, Communism, War, #SWaG, and Radiation don't really seem to be features of the game so much as elements of your game world. On the other hand, you have some more obvious features that honestly I don't think you really needed to list. A linear story just means that a player has no choices in gameplay - Almost every game has a linear story, so it's not really a feature so much as a defining characteristic. A brand new world is almost a given, considering that you're creating an original game.

I just wanted to point out that this map is, well, really sparse. There are huge empty regions in the southern map, and you seem to have used the ellipse tool to draw the mainland, which makes for a boring, symmetrical island. I'd recommend reading some mapping tutorials here, as their principles will apply to any RPG map, not just Pokemon.

Alpha test. This is unplayable.

So the Alpha is unplayable? Why should I download it, then? As an aside, the Alpha of a game is meant to indicate that your game is "feature-complete," meaning its main mechanics all work, and that you're ready to test whether or not your game is fun. From what you've said, I'm not entirely sure that what you're calling an Alpha actually demonstrates any gameplay.

All things considered, you've made your first steps towards making this project a reality, and I wish you the best of luck, and can't wait to see where it goes next. It's a difficult process, but we've all gotta start somewhere.

Back