• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Indigo Children

Swolligator

Butcher of the Sands
Years
  • Wikipedia said:
    Indigo children, according to a pseudoscientific New Age theory, are children who are believed to possess special, unusual and sometimes supernatural traits or abilities.[5] The idea is based on concepts developed in the 1970s by Nancy Ann Tappe[6] and further developed by Jan Tober and Lee Carroll. The concept of indigo children gained popular interest with the publication of a series of books in the late 1990s and the release of several films in the following decade. A variety of books, conferences and related materials have been created surrounding belief in the idea of indigo children and their nature and abilities. The interpretations of these beliefs range from their being the next stage in human evolution, in some cases possessing paranormal abilities such as telepathy, to the belief that they are more empathetic and creative than their peers.
    - For further reading, click here.​

Please Read Before Posting

So I brought this up for two reasons: The first being if there are any other Indigo Children on this forum, I would love to hear your story. The second being for both Indigo Children and others, what is your opinion/thoughts on this topic?

Just so we're clear, please no flaming or anything of that kind; if you do have an opinion, try to keep it neutral and non-aggressive; not everyone shares the same opinion nor do they wish to be attacked for what they believe.​

Years
  • Haha that's interesting. I think to be indigo is to be self-described. It does seem trope-ic in society though, in that I have peers who seem to fill that stereotype. But that's probably a combination of having a decent IQ, progressive media, and coming from an upper-middle socio-economic background.

Years
  • I can understand why some people would want to believe they or someone else are special, but New Age stuff like this doesn't hold water. I don't mean to knock someone's beliefs, but when you make a claim to telepathy or whatever you should be prepared to defend that kind of statement. Wikipedia says "no scientific studies give credibility to the existence of indigo children or their traits" so I think that's where the matter should stand unless someone else has some evidence to the contrary.

Yusshin

♪ Yggdrasil ♪
    Years
  • It doesn't necessarily say that you have to have psychic abilities to be considered an "Indigo Child." It mentions that having strong character traits - super creative, uber empathetic - can be considered an "Indigo Child" as well. In that case, anyone can pretty much claim they are one because they have a handful of strong personality traits. Doesn't seem too special to me. Gifted children - IQs over 130 - could pretty much automatically be included in the Indigo group because they're methods of using logic is considered "out of the ordinary," and even the amount of people considered "gifted" are increasing with time.

I also don't believe in psychics or anything like that. No ghosts. But believe as you will; I won't judge anyone else for their beliefs, views or opinions.

:)

Back