• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do I Have To Use NFEs? [LC Team, Help and Critiques wanted]

GarlandDaHero

Cute Noivern is Cute.
Years
Hello, guys. Doi here again with another team that I think needs some tweaking. Let's take a look, shall we?

Peeking Wall (Lileep) (M) @ Eviolite
Trait: Storm Drain
Level: 5
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 228 HP / 220 Def / 60 SDef
Bold Nature
- Giga Drain
- Recover
- AncientPower
- Toxic

Frilly Prince (Frillish) (M) @ Eviolite
Trait: Cursed Body
EVs: 236 HP / 196 Def / 76 SDef
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Shadow Ball
- Toxic
- Recover

Spunky (Scraggy) (M) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Moxie
EVs: 36 HP / 236 Atk / 212 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Hi Jump Kick
- Crunch
- Zen Headbutt
- Head Smash

Tick-Tock (Bronzor) @ Eviolite
Trait: Levitate
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 220 HP / 68 Def / 4 SAtk / 148 SDef / 16 Spd / 4 Atk
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Flash Cannon
- Toxic

Kawaii Desu (Joltik) (F) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Unnerve
EVs: 36 HP / 220 SAtk / 236 Spd
Modest Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Bug Buzz
- Volt Switch
- Giga Drain

Flare Doggy (Houndour) (F) @ Life Orb
Trait: Flash Fire
EVs: 196 Atk / 36 SAtk / 36 SDef / 236 Spd
Lonely Nature
IVs: 0 HP
- Sucker Punch
- Crunch
- Fire Blast
- Protect

I would really appreciate any critiques and suggestions. Thanks in advance!

abarai

Howl, Zabimaru !
Years
I'd suggest you write a short paragraph for each mon describing its role and why you chose the movesets + ev spreads that you have. If you fix this up i would be happy to rate the team =). One of the rules here is "— Try to use an appealing, easy-to-read format with useful descriptions.". It is not there to be mean, it just helps us raters and shows us you have tested, put effort into and understand how the team works. Can also be useful to list any threats or issues you have found with the team. Smogon words this better than i do so read the quote below =).

smogon said:
BE DESCRIPTIVE. BE AS DETAILED AS POSSIBLE. But don't be pretentious. Don't use words you don't know, that just confuses the raters.

The best rates can only come after playing with the team. However, the raters are obviously not willing to play thirty battles with your team to figure out what is wrong with it and how it works. This is why we want you to tell us about your team.

Synergy is important, right? The purpose of any given team is to be able to work together in any situation to win. If we don't know how your team works, we can only assume things about your team - and that does not lead to good rates. The more descriptive you are about your teams and your weaknesses and what you would like for your team, the better the raters can help you. This is a rule for a reason - and comments like "RHYPERIOR OHKOS **** WITH CB ROCK WRECKER LOL", "standard X", "Mixed Sweeper", etc does not tell us anything other than the fact that you shouldn't be building teams nor rating them.

Be descriptive. Tell us how each member contributes. You can do this by telling us why you chose a specific Pokemon (and "it's my FAVORITE" doesn't count – we are competitive here!) and how it contributes to the overall picture.

You can add one or two logs in your RMT, to give raters an idea on how you use the team to gain a greater understanding of the team itself. However, this is only a suggestion and is not necessary. If logs are used, they should be in code tags, so that RMTs are not clogged up with piles of long text.

This is just a suggestion, you are not breaking any PC rules by just having the movesets, however like just explained it would help us raters and in turn help you out aswell as you would receive a more well informed rate.

Back