• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Day and Night not working.

Years
  • I just wondering if someone knows what I have to do to get Day & Night working on new maps.

I'm using the new version Of Pokemon Essentials 28th January 2012 version but, for some some reason when I created a new map the Day & Night is not working on it just on the Test map and the ones that were already with it. So if anyone knows what i'm doing wrong or what I have to do it would be very helpful and thank you in advance.

SkyLink

"Mother-of-Pearl" Developer
    Years
  • Open the editor.exe (or Debug Mode) and the Visual Editor.
    Select a Map and set Outdoor to Yes.

IceGod64

In the Lost & Found bin!
    Years
  • Open the editor.exe (or Debug Mode) and the Visual Editor.
    Select a Map and set Outdoor to Yes.
    That's kind of vague...

That's one anwser, but it can be done ingame. What I recommend is when playing the game from RPG Maker XP (Test playing it), bring up the pause menu be pressed X, select the "DEBUG" option, and once in the debug menu, go to the option "Set Metadata" and you'll see a list of maps appear. Find the map you want on that list and hit the space bar. You'll get another menu. The first option will say "Outdoor = " "nil" or "false". Select the option and it will ask you is you want to enable it. Select yes. After that, you can use the x button to go back (I don't remember if the metadata editor asks to save, but if so, obviously select yes). If you go to the map you selected, it will now be an outdoor map, and have day/night shading.

Back