• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Adding in species, but getting an error despite multiple fix attempts

Derxwna Kapsyla

Derxwna "The Badman" Kapsyla
Years
  • As the title says, i'm trying to add in [many] new species to Pokemon.txt, however I'm running into an issue when I load the editor.exe.
    ---------------------------
    Pokemon Essentials
    ---------------------------
    Exception: RuntimeError
    File PBS/pokemon.txt, section 588, key WildItemRare

Compiler:1659:in `pbEachFileSectionEx'
    Compiler:1642:in `each_line'
    Compiler:1642:in `pbEachFileSectionEx'
    Compiler:1680:in `pbEachFileSection'
    Compiler:2267:in `pbCompilePokemonData'
    Compiler:2265:in `open'
    Compiler:2265:in `pbCompilePokemonData'
    Compiler:4046:in `pbCompileAllData'
    Compiler:4170

Now, it says that its running off on WildItemRare, but for entry 588, there is no WildItemRare entry

[588]
    Name=Meiling
    InternalName=MEILING
    Type1=DREAM18
    BaseStats=90,115,95,90,60,60
    GenderRate=Female50Percent
    GrowthRate=Medium
    BaseEXP=195
    EffortPoints=0,3,0,0,0,0
    Rareness=45
    Happiness=70
    Moves=1,FIREPUNCH18,1,ICEPUNCH18,1,THUNDERPUNCH18,1,COUNTER18,1,REVERSAL18,1,ENDURE18,1,METEORMASH18,33,BULKUP18,36,DRAINPUNCH18,39,BLOCK18,42,HELPINGHAND18,46,HIJUMPKICK18,50,MACHPUNCH18,54,METEORMASH18,58,REVERSAL18
    Compatibility=8,5
    StepsToHatch=5120
    Height=8.8
    Weight=50.0
    Color=Green
    Kind=Gatekeeper
    Pokedex=Placeholder
    WildItemCommon=SITRUSBERRY
    WildItemUncommon=SILVERPOWDER
    Abilities=SUCTIONCUPS,SWARM

Would anyone happen to know how I can go about fixing it?

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
    Years
    • Seen May 3, 2024
    Can you please send me a copy of your pokemon.txt file? I want to get this properly sorted out, and it helps if I can actually recreate whatever is causing the error. You can upload it to MediaFire or somewhere and PM me the link.

Derxwna Kapsyla

Derxwna "The Badman" Kapsyla
    Years
  • I actually forgot I made this post, seeing as it was early in the morning before I fell asleep. Forgot to mention that I had fixed it.
    What the problem was, was that the entry right below is, Index Number 589, had a screwed up tag. The issue was that Entry 589 had no "Abilities=" tag, but there was an ability there "COMPOUNDEYES". Once I readded the Abilities= tag, it fixed itself. I'm not sure why the debugger told me the issue was with the previous entry.

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
    Years
    • Seen May 3, 2024
    Finally, an explanation!

It's also a quick fix to make the error message point to the correct section, but it's a bit odd the way it works. Oh well. I've also put an explanation on the wiki.

Back