• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

what is the difference between...

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2017
    hi ive recently gotten back into the trading cards, and when i was looking at how much each of my cards were, i noticed i have a lot of shiny kind of reflective ones and ones with sparkles in the picture and shiny lines on them, and i have no idea what holo foils and reverse holo foils are. can someone help? im sooooo confused

Rabby

The Samurott Awaits...
    Years
  • Holos and normal cards seem as identical to each other, their own speciality is the same :3
    However, in my opinion, holo r mostly for...showing off xD and for display, but can be also used for battles and they r worth more ^^
    If ur looking for cards to create a deck and battle, holos and normals r fine, as they r both the same
    If ur looking to collect, holo can be one type u can collect ;)
    ^^

Years
  • A standard holo is where just the picture is holo.

A reverse holo, for every set except the ones released between 2004 and 2006, is where the holofoil is on every part of the card except the picture. For the sets released between 2004 and 2006, "reverse" foils have the foil on the pictures as well as the set's logo stamped onto the picture.

And then special foils like EXs, Primes, and Lv. Xs have special foil coloring on the borders and have large portions of the card as holofoil.

Back