• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Emerald: Abandoned Ship Glitch

SirVer

Worshipper of Blaziken
Years
    • Seen Oct 18, 2015
    This is to report a glitch I found in Pokemon Emerald. I don't know about R/S. Also, I'm not sure if this is where this thread should be, but it seemed the most suitable.

I'd gone to the Abandoned Ship to get a Tentacruel, being too lazy to evolve a Tentacool, caught one, and used an Escape Rope. I ended up outside, in Surf mode. I'd never activated it, so I got curious and went back inside. I used a save editor to overwrite the Surf move, so now no-one on my team knew Surf. I used an Escape Rope again, while inside, and voila, there I was on the water, in Surf mode. I went back on the ship and tried re-entering the water. No go.

This glitch isn't documented on Bulbapedia, or anywhere else that I could find, so I decided to put it up here in case its already known, and wasn't put up since you can't do this without cheating.

tabor62

[b][color=#CADB5A]W[/color][color=#C8DA4F]h[/color
    Years
  • It's kind of like a placeholder since you can't get into or out of the Abandoned Ship without Surf. This is like the Bicycle Road glitch in Gen I games. Basically you get onto Bicycle road without a bike and you end up on a bike when you enter Bicycle Road. You're automatically put onto a bike, or in this case, in Surf mode. Though it's interesting that you've found this since I've never heard of this before.

SirVer

Worshipper of Blaziken
    Years
    • Seen Oct 18, 2015
    Yeah, I figured it was like the Bicycle glitch - but what do you mean by placeholder?
    I've never heard of this either, which is why I was reluctant to put it on Bulbapedia straight away. :cheeky:
    It's probably due to the fact that this can't be performed without cheating of some sort. Too bad the devs didn't put an in-game trade in the Ship, or this would've been discovered much sooner. :disappoin

Back