• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Cycle Challenge V2.0!

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
POKEMON CYCLE CHALLENGE​

What is the Type Cycle Challenge?

The challenge is to play through the game with a set of pokémon who are strong against each other, although this isn't 100% true. For example, one type cycle has Fighting, Dark, and Ghost. Fighting is super-effective against Dark, which is super-effective against Ghost, but how does Ghost play into Fighting? Well, Fighting has no effect against Ghost, so it's similar to being super-effective in a reverse sort of way. To avoid things being too complicated, I stuck to only doing sets of three types. This way, you can play through the game with just three pokémon, or with six, two of each type. I will refer to these as Moderate Difficulty (6 Pokémon) and Experienced Difficulty (3 Pokémon). You can find a list of the type cycles below. Feel free to tell me if I missed any of them!

*TYPE CYCLES*​

Spoiler:
Spoiler:

>RULES<

-All pokémon on your team must have one of the types you picked. It's not against the rules if it doesn't have that type at the start, so long as they have it in a later evolution.

-However, you MUST evolve them as soon as possible.

-Until you can get a pokemon assigned to you, you may use your starter.

-You cannot use Legendaries

-ROMs are allowed

-If you have no pokémon that appear before the third Gym Leader, you may hack in ONE LOW LEVEL pokémon of one of your types.

-Some Cycles do not have pokémon that can learn certain HM's, so I am allowing 2 HM Slaves on your team at a time, but you cannot use them in battle.

-Regarding your teams, people who will be participating in this challenge will pick them so that you don't have completely dominating pokémon that can sweep through the game with few to no problems. (Also don't give extremely an extremely weak team to other people, let's keep this fun, shall we?)

}CHALLENGE COMPLETION{
When is your challenge over?

Because all the games are different, each challenge ends at different places:

R/B/Y/F R/L G
This challenge ends when you defeat your Rival, who has become the Champion

G/S/C/HG/SS
This challenge ends when you defeat Red on Mt. Silver

R/S/E
This challenge ends when you defeat Steven, whether in Ruby and Sapphire or in Emerald

D/P/Pt
This challenge ends with the defeat of Cynthia in all games

B/W
This challenge is over when you defeat Alder

B 2/W 2
This challenge is over when you defeat Alder as well

^CHALLENGERS, CHAMPIONS, & SIGN-UP FORM^

Challengers
Spoiler:

Champions
Spoiler:

Sign-up form