• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Question: What is up with this?

Anti

return of the king
Years
  • I've noticed for about the past month that threads on the front page of S&M range from about 10-14, but today there were eight which amazed even me. In Other Chat and Other Entertainment and forums like that, there are way more forums on the front page. Here are some pictures to illustrate the problem:

(S&M today)
    Spoiler:

(S&M's 101st page)
    Spoiler:

So yeah, even if the pictures didn't upload right (I assume they didn't, lol), hopefully you can see that the 101st page had so many more threads...I actually couldn't even screen shot all of them on the same page so I left off a couple off (there were 20 total).

I was wondering why it does this? I don't think it's the announcements or stickies since both are on the 101st page too (but I had to leave them off of the picture). Any ideas?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    It can only be that PC's 'number of threads to display on each page' setting was higher back then and that the setting is not retroactive.
    Someone correct me if I'm wrong. :o

Anti

return of the king
    Years
  • You see, the thing is that it seems to totally vary. I just went to the second page which had 16 threads, and the third had 13. Then you go to some place like OC which has a healthy 20 threads.

Does this just vary or is there a problem? I'm no tech expert so I wouldn't know, lol. It just seems weird that Strategies and Movesets consistently has <13 (12 and under) threads on the front page practically all the time. It's no big deal or anything though, just curious/confused, lol.

Azonic

hello friends
    Years
  • I think I can help you, you see when a thread has not been posted in for over 30 days then they automatically become invisible, you can still find them if your search for them, but they are not displayed in the forum.
    Threads with no posts since 5 days ago are still on the previous pages.

Well I'm getting this problem too.

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
    Years
  • Want an explanation of why the main page doesn't have 20 threads? Simple. When we made deleted posts visible, we decided to hide deleted threads because we found them entirely unneeded (or else they wouldn't be deleted, to begin with, but closed).

So it seems that the new plug-in that hides the threads has a problem: if there are 7 undeleted threads and 13 deleted ones, normal members will just see 7 threads in the page, while the mods will see the 20... just that 13 will be deleted. Before the change, the system would fill up the page with threads from other pages, but now it simply hides them.

In other boards, were we might get 1/2 deleted threads per page, it's barely noticeable, but I'm sure that if you check GBA games you'll notice that there are just 19 threads, to put an example.

About what's going on in page 101, I have no idea, though.

Back