• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen The sun and the moon.

Lunatone or Solrock?

• [img]http://pldh.net/media/pokemon/trozei/337.png[/img]

Votes: 18 58.1%
  • [img]http://pldh.net/media/pokemon/trozei/338.png[/img]

Votes: 13 41.9%

• Total voters

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
No, this isn't a thread about the lack of night and day. This is, however, a poll between the Pokemon Lunatone and Solrock! These two Psychic/Rock types are one of the pairs of version exclusives between the first games in the 3rd generation, Lunatone being in Sapphire and Solrock being in Ruby. So which did you prefer battle wise? And what about looks? All that and more. Discuss~

337.png
338.png

Years
I mainly played with Sapphire as my main version, so for the longest time I only got to use Lunatone. That being said, Lunatone did have the better Special Attack, and because the way Physical/Special Attacks were classified prior to the fourth gen, Lunatone was better at utilizing it's movepool than Solrock was (when I finally did use Solrock on Emerald, I was a little disappointed). So with that being said, Lunatone is my favorite of the two.

Side note- I've always loved that Lunatone has a 5% chance of holding a Moon Stone in the wild, whereas Solrock has a 5% chance of holding a Sun Stone.

Years
Since Ruby was my main version, I voted Solrock. I do actually like both's designs though but I leaned towards Solrock since I never got to use a Lunatone until Black and White.

Powerserge

The Imminent Victor
Years
I'm more aligned with the Moon, so I love Lunatone a lot more than I like Solrock. Solrock looks sloppy anyway.

Synerjee

[font=Itim]Atra du evarinya ono varda.[/font]
Years
I've never used both of these floating rocky Pokemon before as I don't like using Pokemon that can't evolve. However, I vote for Lunatone as, unlike Solrock, has higher Special Attack and Lunatone's moveset which contains mostly Special attacks such as Psychic can be used much more efficiently. Like I said before, I have never used it in battle before so I can't rate it much. Oh, and design-wise, I like both of them equally the same.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Time to answer my own topic! While I like both Pokemon, I've had better experience in using Lunatone, and I think it's design is a bit better. But I'm also a night person, so maybe that has to do with it. I do like that Solrock is a bit of a pseudo-Fire type though, and I think it's fun to use!

One thing I've always liked about the two is that the moon is related to water, and Lunatone is in Sapphire with Team Aqua as the bad guys. And the sun is, of course, related to fire and Solrock is in Ruby where Team Magma are the bad guys. Pretty neat touch when you think about it. Plus they did that without outright making their types Water/Rock and Fire/Rock, or something. One complaint I do have about Lunatone though is that it should be able to learn some sort of Water move. Other Rock types can have Surf, so the "but using something it's weak to" argument won't work lol. But like I said, the moon is related to water, and Solrock can use Fire moves. I thought it'd only be fair. But oh well.

Years
I like more the design and the name SOLROCK its more cool.

I'm not use much this pokemons, however, when I must face them, solrock usually give me more problems than lunatone, so, i guess its better in power solrock, thats the reason of my vote for that pokemon.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 24, 2024
Since I only had Emerald, I've only ever owned Solrock. And it's awful, truly...awful. Lunatone's design is better as well, so I'll always vote Lunatone. And never catch one (don't meet your heroes, right?)

Years
They're both awful designs and terrible for use in battle as well. I don't mind the concepts of them, but they weren't executed as I'd like.

I suppose Solrock is my preference just because I had Ruby so I'm a bit more accepting of its design having seen it more often.

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
Years
I slightly prefer Lunatone over Solrock because it has a cool shiny form. Blue eyes! <3

Both are interesting, but are lackluster in battle. I agree that Lunatone should have had some Water-type moves in its movepool. What was its attacks beyond Psychic and Rock Slide, hmm... I never really battled with them; I caught them and boxed them in Ruby/Sapphire. The only time I ever really used them was in XD.

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
Years
Both have a special place in my heart, but I voted for Lunatone. I've always liked Lunatone's appearance a little more than Solrock, and I also liked how it could use Ice Beam. I think I would have liked Solrock a lot more if it had better special attack so it could use Psychic and Flamethrower better.

Khoshi

[b]とてもかわいい![/b]
Years
I like Lunatone better, since it seems to have a better special movepool than Solrock, and it caters to its special stat.

JustChillin810

xX_ElectricPikachu_Xx
Years
I really didn't prefer either when it comes to battling because both of them have relatively low stats and there where much better psychic types in the game to use (such as Gardevoir and Metagross)

TreeKangaroo

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Years
To be honest I really don't know I like them both, because solrock reminds me of Okami but I'll have to say Lunatone, I used one and it's not terrible or great. I used one before and it was decent, it helped me beat Flannery. But
Lunatone has creepy eyes that scare crap out of me.
Once you get waterfall its really high leveled and decently fast(I only went to that room for bagon)
Tate and Liza were annoying
Now for solrock:
I hate fire spin, let me escape damn it!
Let me listen to the lovely meteor falls music please.
How do you survive in water, you're part rock type
You also won't let me leave(and repels had no effect on you)
On the bright side, THEY BOTH HAVE EPIC CRIES OH MY GOD.

WishCookie

ヽ(*・ω・)ノNo berries for you!
Years
Solrock! It was simply a real pain while battling the twins and it looks awesome! I like Lunatone's cry better tho. :P

Back