• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

DS's Pixel Art

Which category would you think I need to improve in the most?

• Total voters

Death Strike

a.k.a Minions123
Years

• Hello everyone!
    Welcome to DS's (Death Strike's) Pixel Art thread!

Please look, but don't touch steal the ones that aren't public.
    Tiles:
    Spoiler:

Sprites:
    Spoiler:

Again, as a reminder, please give credit if you use the public tiles, and don't use the private stuff.

Last edited:

NiKaNoRoU

we are but particles
    Years
  • Hello there! that's some tidied-up thread you have.

Well, I guess your tiles are really good, and they follow the 4-generation style. The houses on the right have this 'sky window' that doesn't really fit to me, but I guess that's me.

Your sprites are cute and smooth, too, but you need to work your outlines. Generally, you have darker outlines in the faces and lighter ones on the back, which is not recommended if you're going to use them in a hack/game. Still, they're good, concept-wise as well. And I see you use the 4th-gen shading style.

Well, I'm looking forward to seeing more from you soon, Death Strike! Don't let me down!

Zirkle38

Insert Epithet.
    Years
  • I agree, you're tiles are absolutely lovely, I especially like the purple circus tent thing. I think your sprites are also very good, there's just something off, but I can't quite put my finger on it. I think it's the outlining on the fish pokemon. It's the same color all the way around. But it's all adorable (:

Years
    • Seen Apr 1, 2010
    Hey, nice tiles! The ones on the left all looks amazing. :)

But, the ones on the right is a little bit weird, I think you need to shorten the roof tops
    of the single story house.
    But the double story house looks totally amazing!

Good luck on the next tiles! :D

Death Strike

a.k.a Minions123
    Years
  • Thanks for the comments everyone.
    @:нαкuиαмα тαтα I think the ones on the right look weird just because they are in a different style than the others.
    So I was just sick today, so I just decided to do what I liked doing the best: making tiles. So here you are, a new custom tilesheet.

Meaver_Housing_by_Destinarium.png

Comments are welcome, of course!

Neuca

Fill me up with berries...
    Years
    • Seen Jun 6, 2010
    Ooh, I love the neatness of your thread. (You gotta teach me how to do that!)
    Anyway, your Fakemon look darling but, the position they are facing doesn't really make them look like they are in battle (if that is what you want?).
    Your tiles are nice and simple but, the windows ontop of the roof's look a bit odd and too flat. You could either take them away completely or change then so they are open slightly, like the buildings in Cherrygrove City in HeartGold & SoulSilver.

I hope I helped!

Death Strike

a.k.a Minions123
    Years
  • Oh, I did that with the BBCode CSS here. (If you want to know more about that PM/VM me) I don't think I'll be fixing my old Fakemon, because I'll probably be making new improved ones. Yea, I see what you mean with the windows on the roofs. But it's kind of supposed to look flat, and I'm still lazy, but I'll fix them sometime. :rambo:

Last edited:

Death Strike

a.k.a Minions123
    Years
  • Cerulean__s_Burger_King_by_Destinarium.png

A new tilesheet for a project called Pokemon Gaia. This is Cerulean's Hamburger Shop as seen in the anime.
    And... another sprite. Sprites are usually always private.
    Captain_of_the_Seas_by_Destinarium.png

Well, that's all. I'm pretty busy with schoolwork and other things, so I don't update quite as often as I would like to.
    Comments?

Death Strike

a.k.a Minions123
    Years
  • ???? I don't get it. Nor does my ego believe it. No comments? :'( You guys disgust me.

Anyways, I've made an evo of that ugly thing shown in the post above. Am I allowed to double post or something? Because it's been a considerable amount of time before I did that, but I'm not too sure about the rules. *goes to read over them*

Here it is:
    Captain_of_the_Seas_by_Destinarium.png

The evo is the thingy on the left wearing a pirate's bandanna. Useful Pokemon for a pirate to have. XD

Back