• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Help!!

Years
  • Seen Jun 2, 2023
I am making a pokemon game.
it has an airport but I want it to be accessable after you've obtained a specific amount of gym badges, but I don't know how.
I'm not very good at making events.
I would be very grateful if I would get some help.

Pharetra

zzzz
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Apr 22, 2024
All right, here's what you could do:

1. Create two event pages for the airport; one without a condition for the event to take place and the second with a switch as condition for the event to run. Let's call this switch "A".
  2. On the event page of the Gym Leader where the player receives his/her badge, turn the switch "A" on. If the player defeats the Gym Leader, he/she won't only receive a badge, but the second page of the airport event will also be activated.
On the first page of the event you can use a Show Text command to show a message box saying that the player can't access the airport yet because it's under construction or something. On the second page you can let the player use the airport.

I hope it's clear now, and if you have any questions, feel free to ask them and I'll see what I can do. Also, happy new year ;)

FL

Pokémon Island Creator
Years
  • Seen Apr 22, 2024
A better way is to use a Conditional Branch with script condition '$Trainer.badges>=6'. So the first part only works if the player has 6 badges or more. You can change the "6" to any number.

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
Years
There are default switches already in Essentials which are used to determine when each Gym Leader is defeated. They're used to deactivate any unbattled trainers in their Gyms, plus to open up roadblocks. You can use the appropriate one of those, rather than make a new one.

Back