• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Suggestion: So I was deleting a post earlier and...

.Seth

.explorer.
Years
and I was wondering why, when editing a post, there's the delete button. When clicked, the delete button gives you two options:

Do Not Delete this Message
Delete this Message

And then you click the delete button after possibly typing in the Reason for Deletion box and the message is deleted.

My question is this, why is it there is an option for the Delete Button that says "Do not Delete this message"? If I didn't want to delete the message in the first place, I wouldn't have clicked the delete button.

I understand that people do click the delete button accidentally, but that is why there you have to confirm it by clicking the final Delete this Message button in the lower right corner (after you click "Delete" in the original
edit box).

If you don't know what I'm talking about, type something in here, post it and edit and hit the delete button to see what I mean.

Also, what happens when you have the "Do not Delete this Message" option checked, and you hit the final "Delete this Message" button?

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
[jq]I understand that people do click the delete button accidentally[/jq]
Yeah. That.

Does it really matter so much? XD;
It's been there for so long there's no point to changing it~

Years
  • Seen Mar 13, 2022
It's built into vBulletin as a security measure and there's no real easy way to take it out, not that there's a real reason to.

If it bothers you to make that extra step my only advice would be to think twice before you post so you don't have to delete it later ;D

Back