• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Your least favorite characters

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Since we have a thread like this for favorite anime characters, why don't we go with one to discuss those that we actually dislike? d: Anyway, as title says, who are some of your least favorite anime characters? Why do you not like them? If you were to change anything about them for improvements, what would they be?

Years
  • This goes especially for female characters, but anytime they're voiced by someone with a high-pitched voice, unless they have an attractive personality, I will automatically dislike them \: Most of them are tolerable, but Sakura from Cardcaptor Sakura and the Tsubasa series is the one that always comes to mind whenever someone asks what character I dislike or find annoying.

Years
  • Generally, I hate characters that I'm meant to hate, but I don't particularly hate all of those characters, either. I also very much dislike characters whose sole purpose is to force the plot to advance in most instances, especially if they're recurring characters and only show up when the plot needs to be forced into action. It just feels like lazy writing.

For instance, the antagonist in the ALO arc of SAO. He just feels too grimy and lazily written. He needed more character depth so ALO could be a better arc. Basically, just anything that makes it seem less like he was meant to be hated from the get-go.

Back