• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen What did you do with the Red Gyarados?

What did you do with the Red Gyarados?

• Used it in my team as a main member

Votes: 96 23.7%
  • HM slave

Votes: 83 20.5%
  • Boxed, never to see the light again

Votes: 189 46.7%
  • Wait, people caught that thing?

Votes: 37 9.1%

• Total voters

bobandbill

one more time
Years
  • It's that oversized monster of a Pokemon that's shiny to boot in an unmissable encounter in the game...but what do you do with it - use it on your team or box it, or not even bother to catch it?

I personally go for the catch but if I use it in my team he's only there as a HM slave for a few parts of the game (whirlpools or the sort). I usually have my team already planned out/caught and trained by then although I might use him in a monotype challenge.

Gilgαmesh

I use him as a trophy. :D; In other words, ever since I caught it, it has remained in my PC and I don't really necessarily see any other use for it otherwise.

...That probably makes me sound bad, but oh well. :(

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2011
    I caught him and boxed him. I think I might have pulled him out once or twice to use for an HM Slave, but I don't quite remember.

FalconsDrummer

Why yes, I have an Octillery.
    Years
  • I don't think I've ever used it in my team, other than maybe on my first time playing Silver version. But even then I probably didn't keep it for long. It's always just been a "trophy" for me I suppose. How unfortunate.

Kjt

Lovatic
    Years
  • Caught it in HG, just to have it. In SS, I might've actually ko'd it. They both are just sitting in the PC. I've only ever brought it out once, that was to have a battle with my friend of just shiny Pokemon. I also might've use it in the Pokeathelon once or twice.

In the original games, he was on my team, 'cause I was like OMG THIS ISO COOL, and was like 7. I pre-plan my teams now, and never liked gyarados anyway :P

Fiendly

Never let go.
    Years
    • Seen Jun 21, 2012
    Ended up just using it for dex.. Then trading it for a Shiny Tyrannitar >.>

Selerbi

Time Traveler
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Apr 3, 2015
    I caught him for the Dex, And I use him as HM slave, I already got water pokemon so I dont need another one.
    He can learn 3 useful HMs: Waterfall, Whirlpool and Surf (deleted the surf from my water pokemon xD)

Misheard Whisper

[b][color=#FF0000]I[/color] [color=#FF7F00]also[/c
    Years
  • ROTTING IN A BOX IN MY PLATINUM
    UNABLE TO BE TRANSFERRED BECAUSE HE KNOWS HOW TO CLIMB WATERFALLS
    WHY DO WE ALL HATE THE TALENTED ONES

BD

Tox

fight me
    Years
  • Captured and boxed. Mine has decent IVs so I'll probably EV train it if I run out of things to do. It's the same for any rare/legendary Pokémon. For some reason, I dislike using Gyarados.

Edsbob

TECHNOLOGY TODAY IS INCREDIBLE
    Years
  • He mostly takes me up waterfalls and across whirlpools.

Otherwise he's sitting in my 'Shiny Pokemon' box. Which means he only has an Onix for company. He doesn't have it too bad...

Enigma

[i][font=Noto Serif][color=#e2ad53]The [color=#d94
    Years
  • It's busy...sitting in one of my boxes. D: It does have a good nature, so I do plan on EV'ing it at some point. But until then, it shall sit in the box.

Buggyo

I read the news today, oh boy.
    Years
  • I (ruthlessly) used him as an HM slave in Silver, and I think he's rotting in a box in SS.

Kind, I know.

Back