• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Virtual Reality Pokemon

Years
  • Seen Dec 16, 2013
This technology is bound to come sooner or later and it made me think how awesome a Pokemon game would be using that technology. This is a long way off but it still would be cool.

AJ™

ANGRY FAIC!!!
Years
Virtual Technology isn't that far off, if you go research it.
But Virtual Technology being mass-produced by gaming industries might be.
Keep your hopes up though, its a fast growing industry.

tkay1493

Water pokemon Trainer!
Years
i have read something baout a console made by nintendo called virual boy.
it was 3-d
you put it on your head and it was 3-D
it was crappy though cuz its grphocs where all wire-frame which looked like glass...
i personaly didnt like it.
but now-a-days if nintendo where to re-make it then it would be astounding.
think about it?
a pokemon game in 3-D
thats as close as we will ever get to pokemon being real (I wish)

Binary

え?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 7, 2014
The future of virtual pokemon and games is very near.
This is bound to happen sooner or later. Just keep yer fingers crossed.

sirboulevard

Apricorn Maniac
Years
During a trip to the University of Washington my Junior year of High School, I got a rare opportunity to go in to their human interface tech lab which works on virtual reality and actually use some really early prototypes and I asked them if they could be used for video games. The scientists and grad students said it would be nice but that most of this technology was too unstable for it and would be highly inconvenient. I think Pokemon would be fun on it, but the computers are struggling to work on Operating Systems (Linux and Unix were crashing from the input from my hands). If they can this stuff stable and compact (the tech is the size of a good size room right now) then, yeah, it'd be fun. But I don't think it will happen for decades at least.

Kaiyori

Godzrilla hungry?
Years
During a trip to the University of Washington my Junior year of High School, I got a rare opportunity to go in to their human interface tech lab which works on virtual reality and actually use some really early prototypes and I asked them if they could be used for video games. The scientists and grad students said it would be nice but that most of this technology was too unstable for it and would be highly inconvenient. I think Pokemon would be fun on it, but the computers are struggling to work on Operating Systems (Linux and Unix were crashing from the input from my hands). If they can this stuff stable and compact (the tech is the size of a good size room right now) then, yeah, it'd be fun. But I don't think it will happen for decades at least.

As sirboulvard said, the technology to handle that kind of stuff, is far away and the technology would cost a fortune, until people find a way to make it cost-effective. If that makes sense.

Back