• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[IDEA] Pokémon: Rocket

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
Years
Note: This is just a simple idea which I might decide to pursue further. Don't expect anything like Gym Leaders, Fakemon etc.

rocket.png

Idea by Alternative

Introduction:
Hi, I am Alternative, and I would like to become an aspiring Game Developer. I thought since I know stuff about Pokémon, that I could develop a game about it. Through this I would like to learn various things such as scripting, mapping and more info on RPG Maker XP, which I plan to use when I attempt to develop this game. This idea has been swirling in my head for a while now and I would like to get it out there to see what you Game Developers think of my idea, and how it can be improved, and maybe get some help on it. I would also like to develop this game using RPG Maker XP.

Plot:
Three years after the disbanding of Team Rocket, when Red defeated Giovanni, a few of the older members under the leadership of Archer have reunited to make trouble in the Johto Region. This is starting to happen once the new Team Rocket await for Giovanni's return, with rumors that he is out on solo training.

This new Team Rocket start small, by cutting off all the tails from the Slowpoke in the Slowpoke well near Azalea town and selling those tails to the Black Market for a hefty profit. This is just one of the bad things Team Rocket will do to stop the protagonist in his tracks. There are other many things that go on which are the cause of this new Team Rocket, including the heist at the Goldenrod City Radio Tower, the enraged Red Gyarados at the Lake of Rage, stuff with the legendary dogs in Ecruteak City, and so forth.

You play the main antagonist in the series, working under Proton in the Slowpoke Well caper as an underling, or apprentice if you must call it that. You will go around helping Team Rocket do evil things, such as capturing Pokemon for them, harassing people into doing what you want and stopping the main protagonist, Ethan or Lyra from destroying you and your corporation. Fly through the ranks of Team Rocket by doing evil things for them and taking on requests which some Team Rocket members may have.

Features:
(Just things I would like to incorporate into the game, if possible)
- Travel Johto as well as Kanto in efforts to thwart Ethan/Lyra's plan to thwart your plans.

- Pokémon Mystery Dungeon-style missions, where you can take on missions, such as rendezvous with various people, capturing rare Pokemon for Team Rocket to use, and much more!

- In addition to this, a point system, which can be used for ranking, buying special items from other people and much more!

- Defeat ranking Rocket members to rank up when you have enough points saved up.

- In addition, ranks will be used as badges, which certain ranks will allow you to use different HMs and allow more access to the regions.

- I want something like a new Pokegear in it, with upgrades from the old one, like a Beta Prototype Pokegear when Team Rocket have stolen from the company who make them.

Regions:
Johto and Kanto, where most Team Rocket events will happen.

Johto.png
Kanto.png

I hope this idea is enough for people to get a taste of what I plan to do. :)

D. Lawride

Audi Famam Illius, Scriptor!
Years
Hm, sounds interesting, even if the idea itself has been proposed several times xD

So, I'm guessing you'd introduce something similar to the snagging of Pokémon (you know, with Team Rocket being thieves and all).

Still, good luck! =D

Years
  • Seen Apr 26, 2011
I had the same idea like 2 years ago but that was before I knew about this community. I was thinking maybe i should start it back up. Than again maybe we can join

WillPowerPedro

https://soundcloud.com/cammdavidson
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Jan 9, 2022
Nice! I've seen a lot of Team Rocket ideas, but I think this is the best I've seen so far!

Back