• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Rival name?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
So from the name of the rival being "rival" that kinda indicates that we'll get to name him (or most likely will), so this thread is for the what if! What will/would you name your rival and why? :3 ...since chances are we'll get to name him.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
We've been able to name our Rivals up until B/W. As for a name...he feels Devlin to me~ So may name him Devlin.

Cello

Tonight!
Years
Di-.... Yikes, i'm not on 4chan.
Uhh, I would probably name him something wrong, but as far as safe names go i'd probably name him something unfitting like "Randall" or "Jerry."
Something that sounds very nonthreatening in an attempt to make his "Lets get angry" motto laughable.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 11, 2022
Maybe something rich sounding. He seems like he'd be somewhat wealthy. So...maybe something like Donald, or Max, like Maximillion? No idea. Maybe Bono. Mainly because that word annoys me and it'd give me great pleasure to defeat someone with that named.
"Rival Bono was defeated!"
Yeah, that has a nice ring to it.
Bono it is, then.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
Probably will use the default name. I want to remember it and I have no real reason to name him anything else lmao.

Years
Grey

Hmm, I dunno. I usually don't decide on the rival name until the name menu pops up, but I'll probably go with Grey a default name.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
Maybe we won't get to name our rival, I mean we disn't get this Option for Bianca or Cheren :(
But if we can I'll name his Grey, or keep the default name if I like it.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 21, 2024
I'm going to name him Nick for obvious reasons!

Years
  • Seen Jul 6, 2015
i so hope we can name him...
for me, it's boober all the way:
"Trainer Boober wants a battle!"

Archenoth

(cozy)
Years
In R/B/Y, I always named my Rival "I" for some odd reason, and that name is strangely nostalgic now...

In G/S/C, I named my Rival "Zaphod", and that has recently been done for HG/SS.

In Emerald, I never got to name my rival.

In Platinum, I named my Rival "Steef" after a good friend of mine...

I have no idea what I'll name this one, it will depend what he acts like during the first meet up with him. (I don't know, and would rather not know until I actually play the game) If he is nice, I'll probably name him after a friend, if he is harsh to some degree, I'll probably come up with a harsher sounding name.

I won't name him like 4chan names things though. (I know a Bidoof named "Handjob" for instance)

blue

gucci
Years
If there is a default name then I'll use that, otherwise I'll just be creative and use a name that suits his persona.

deoxys121

White Kyurem Cometh
Years
It was shown in the gameplay on Pokemon Smash that we apparently get to name our rival. However, I'll probably go with the default name for my rival. I know, I'm boring. So, my rivals' names that I've been able to name were Gary, Silver, and Barry.

chaos11011

[untitled]
Years
  • Age 27
  • MA
  • Seen May 4, 2021
Anyone who names their rival anything but Mr. Pineco Head is wrong.

Use Pineco to bypass 7 char limit.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 11, 2022
His battle theme reminds me of a Megaman game,s o I'm on the fence about naming him Megaman. My choices now are Bono and Megaman. I almost wish they decided a name for us, that way it wouldn't be too hard to name him! ;;

Asuf

Dragon Tamer
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jul 24, 2012
I shall name him Shepard I guess. (antagonist from MW2)

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jun 29, 2019
I'm naming him Vanitas since well that's the first thing to come to mind really and I figure why the hell not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back