• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Critical Capture Yveltal

Years
  • I just critical captured Yveltal on my first quick ball! Does anyone know his capture rate because it was literally the first turn! Not to brag or anything but normally legendaries are super hard to catch, it was actually kind of disappointing...

Years
  • Yeah when I threw the quick ball I didn't expect a capture at all, but then it makes the critical capture noise! It doesn't feel like a legendary when it's easy to catch... It took me about 7 or 8 ultra balls to capture Haunter so that's pretty bad.

Years
    • Seen Nov 29, 2013
    I think you are supposed to capture them with no problem...like Reshiram and Zekrom in B/W2
    I threw a pokeball immediately at the start of the fight and Yveltal shook 3 times and was caught.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Critical captures are exactly like critical hits—they're quite powerful, and happen when you least expect it. So far, I've had two critical captures, but none were on Yveltal. I was required to catch Yveltal the old-fashioned way—weaken, paralyze or make it fall asleep, and throw dozens of Ultra Balls. To be honest, Yveltal was one of the toughest legendaries I've ever faced in any Pokémon game. I've had to reset my game for about eight to nine times before finally having it captured. At that time I was battling it, all of my Pokémon were six - nine levels higher, but somehow, it still managed to take them all out without any trouble. The strongest Pokémon I had on my team was Blastoise, as its defensive stats were extremely high. And when it transformed itself into its mega form, its defenses were raised even higher. For Yveltal, though, it was no hard task to have this Pokémon defeated. With a single Oblivion Wing, it was able to make it faint in an instant. d:

Azire

Mr. Premier Ball
    Years
    • Seen Dec 25, 2016
    The cover legendary is stupid easy to catch. I kept soft resetting to get a good nature and caught him easy every time. Once it took only 3 Premier Balls. The last time it only took 1 and it wasn't a critical capture.

To put it into perspective about 30 minutes later I used over 40 Premier Balls on a level 7 Farfetched. I didn't have anything to weaken it and it was female so I had to get it. I want all my females in Premier Balls for breeding purposes.

Another thing you should note is if you make the Legendary faint it will still be there for you to battle again. You cannot proceed in the story without catching it.

Vanish

Poof
    Years
    • US
    • Seen Aug 25, 2016
    I soft reset a few times and it was fairly easy to catch. It's probably easier due to the fact it's part of the main story. I critical captured Xerneas with a Luxury Ball. Surprisingly enough it happened to be my first critical capture of the entire game. :)

Back